Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!

Go down 
+11
samurai7694
BrycE
Jae-
Bob bob(Dan)
soxowner32
iironiic
eiddiM
Halogen-
T-Forc3
prongsie
Sky Kitten
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Kitten
Sky Kitten

The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Empty
PostSubject: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 11:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hello! I bet you stumbled upon here because you are one of those people who love to participate in the usual Dragon's Fury Poker Ladder every Friday at 10 PM, or you are one of those people who really likes beating people with their Royal Flush in a poker table. Well, since we have played so many games together, I have brought you guys the first ever:

Dragon's Fury Poker Tournament!

I'd figure it would be awesome to host a tournament so those who could not be in our poker ladders due to time zones will now have a chance to compete! This will certainly bring excitement into letting our poker regulars to show off their skills and see who the ultimate poker player is.

For those who do not know what poker is, or do not know how to play, refer to this link: http://www.pokerrules.net/community/texas-holdem/

Skeleton of Tournament

How We're Going to Play

This tournament will consist of two parts: we play poker like we usually do in the poker ladder, and then I am going to introduce you guys to the idea of having a shootout.

When we play regular poker, it will consist of having a minimum of 6 people per table, depending on how many people participate. However, when we get to the final table, only 9 people who qualify (number of people per table to be determined) will be able to compete in the shootout.

A shootout is kind of like poker playing, except people tend to go all-in with what they think is a winning hand. This will test the poker player's luck to see if their wishes of winning a hand will be in their favour. Don't think of this as a bogus way so players can play their bluffed hands. This is a way of seeing who will be the last people standing in their chance of getting first place in the tournament.

Since this is a poker tournament, and when we usually play in the poker ladders, we fight for points. Well, guess what guys. As administrator of the poker ladder, I am allowing you guys to fight for points, and DOUBLE THEM UP!

Oh, but wait! Only the final 9 people will receive points, but only the top 4 will have their points doubled. So you guys will have to play smart and fight hard so those points will be yours.

Point Values

(To be announced)

Rules

* Please do not flame during the course of the tournament. Any encouraged continuation of it will result in disqualification.
* While you are allowed to take poker seriously, do not get to the point where it annoys you with how a person plays. There is a reason for why people are showing their skills.
* Do not go all in with every hand you get. If you do that, any admin or mod present in the table will warn you. If it continues, you get eliminated.
* Please remember to have fun!

The first part of the tournament will begin as soon as possible. The second part will begin on an unknown date, more preferably a week after the first part of the tournament.

If you guys have any questions or concerns, or you guys may have an addition to the OP presented, please ask.

prongsie
T-Forc3
Halogen-
Xx{Midnight}xX
iironiic
soxowner32
bob bob
Jae-
BrycE
samurai7694
Plan_B
awein999
Niala

And of course, I'm in it too!

Support Banner
Spoiler:

^ https://2img.net/h/i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq7/Sky_KittenFFR/hxdxD.png (place img tags around it; use it as your siggy to support the tournament!)

Honourable mentions to AJ (Halogen-) and Trevor (T-Forc3) for creating banners to support this tournament! (told you I'd use your banner for something useful, AJ. Smile)
Thanks, you two!
Yes, I do realize this tournament looks Christmas themed. That just makes it more awesome.

Last edited by Sky Kitten on December 16th 2010, 10:27 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
prongsie

prongsie

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 11:20 pm

kay i'm in c:

also, thats what he said. ^ mwaha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/monicatrela
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 11:35 pm

I'm hopefully in. Depends on when you're hosting this.
Back to top Go down
http://theforceofsound.blogspot.com/
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 11:37 pm

IN.

EDIT: The aspect of a shootout doesn't entirely revolve around constant shoving and what-not; what makes a shoot-out a shoot-out is the fact that huge tables will conclude with one players standing and the winners of those tables will play at one table, etc.

typical shoot-out field in a 6-max tournament:

180 -> 30 -> 5 -> 1, etc.
Back to top Go down
eiddiM

eiddiM

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 12:14 am

In.

Like.

Fuck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
iironiic
Simfile Author
iironiic

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 1:50 am

So in! Hopefully we agree on a time that works well this weekend.
Back to top Go down
soxowner32

soxowner32

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 2:31 am

Might be in. Depends on the time-frame.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TiffannyD
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 5:11 am

ABOUT TIME

In as long as i can play rofl
Back to top Go down
Jae-

Jae-

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 7:52 am

Another donk-out? Count me in I suppose Wink
Back to top Go down
BrycE

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 10:28 am

count me in
Back to top Go down
samurai7694
Simfile Author
samurai7694

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 7:09 pm

sure, I'm down for this~
Back to top Go down
Sky Kitten
Sky Kitten

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 7:13 pm

Guys, I know it says November 20th as the date of the tournament, but it could be a problem for some. ._. And I don't want to interfere with any sort of activities you guys have that day. I don't mind changing it at all.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 8:04 pm

Change if needed.
Back to top Go down
Sky Kitten
Sky Kitten

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 11:42 pm

Okay, change of plans. I think it would be okay if I moved the tournament to Sunday. That way the tournament won't interfere and it'll give us still a good amount of time until the second part of it.
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 11:48 pm

I'm working 2-10 everyday from Saturday - Wednesday... >__>
Back to top Go down
Brikins

Brikins

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 1:46 am

I'm in Very Happy I'll just hafta be reminded...A LOT because i'm gonna forget >.<;
Back to top Go down
soxowner32

soxowner32

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 2:05 am

Working on Sunday.. .__.

Plus, I'll be at my mom's all weekend anyway. No internet access for stuff like this there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TiffannyD
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 2:47 am

I hope we can do this in the day time...
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 4:47 am

Halogen- wrote:
I hope we can do this in the day time...

+1111111111111111111111111
Back to top Go down
Sky Kitten
Sky Kitten

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 11:35 am

Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop. >___<

It'll be in the day time for sure. Just want to know what day works for everyone. D:
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 11:55 am

today

lol
Back to top Go down
Plan_B
Simfile Author
Plan_B

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 1:36 pm

In before I forget to sign up. >.<
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 2:03 pm

Monday works for me.
Back to top Go down
iironiic
Simfile Author
iironiic

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 8:18 pm

Next weekend is better for me. It's thanksgiving break for me lol
Back to top Go down
awein999

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2010, 11:27 pm

in if I can still join. Did this start already?
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 12:01 am

We can't find a general date for everyone to be free.
Back to top Go down
Sky Kitten
Sky Kitten

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 7:14 pm

Yeah. >__<

I might as well let this happen when Christmas vacation comes around. Does that work for most people?
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 2:51 am

Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 4:05 am

christmas probably is the best idea
Back to top Go down
eiddiM

eiddiM

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 4:56 am

DEEZ NUTS
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
Niala
Simfile Author
Niala

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2010, 10:24 pm

In.
Back to top Go down
awein999

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2011, 2:38 am

will this start soon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!   The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dragon's Fury's Poker Tournament!
Page 1 of 1