Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarioNintendo

MarioNintendo

Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR? Empty
PostSubject: Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR?   Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 8:05 pm

Here's a link to a post bmah made in the Queue/Batch v2 thread:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showpost.php?p=3409683&postcount=324

Basically, it says:

"Random thing I've noticed: people are submitting files that are already available to the public elsewhere. In the future (i.e. subsequent batches after this one), please submit files that you haven't submitted elsewhere such as a simfile database or one of those custom FFR engines..." (He's referring to the "Xkur Top Secret Preview!!!!!!!" and "Baby Still Too Fat" charts I sent for the February 7th batch)

I was wondering if this rule was still / is going to be in effect for real, as I have a ****ton of files aimed primarily at FFR on this engine. Sad Not that I'm bitching at DF or anything, it's just that I didn't think that by asking for reviews of my files by our local judges it would make them ineligible for the place they were meant to be sent at in the first place!

Thanks for clarifications.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR?   Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 8:11 pm

He asked that after this batch to not be submitting files that are available elsewhere. Personally I don't see why it's an issue either but it is what it is. As I've said before anything that makes it onto FFR I'm going to remove from this engine anyways.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonsfury.forumotion.net
MarioNintendo

MarioNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR?   Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 8:28 pm

Was bmah aware of that? If not, I think it would help us steppers a lot Razz
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR?   Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 9:08 pm

I said my piece about it in the batch thread on ffr when it came up.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonsfury.forumotion.net
MarioNintendo

MarioNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR?   Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:22 pm

Thanks. I'll mention it in the email whenever the next batch comes up. Smile <3
Back to top Go down
Shiron
Simfile Author
Shiron

PostSubject: Re: Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR?   Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 2:17 am

This rule always applied and never was changed. The primary reason was to prevent people from downloading songs to practice on their own, giving them an unfair advantage over other people who can only play the song through the FFR game. The other aspect is originality/exclusivity for the site - strategically, this helps maintain traffic for FFR and keep people coming back to that site. It's nice to have people play the FFR game for songs/files not offered elsewhere. Songs on the DF engine would not be liable under the former, because you can't download DF files onto your SM and practice upon it. But we still want to not duplicate files onto other sites.

The rule when it was first made never predicted that other sites would obtain the FFR engine with people adding their own songs to it. It was mostly towards people who uploaded FFR files onto simfile databases at sites like FFR or bemanistyle. Because of this new situation, I just decided to let it slide since this particular case never was addressed. I'd say that we want original files only starting the next batch. Don't make public releases of files you hold dear to.

I still don't think that DF should be used as a site to "catapult" your files onto FFR. What most people do however is to provide the file to a few other people in private and have them test it. That's probably the best way to get some assurance and feedback.

@mario: there were several other people who submitted DF files, not just you (e.g. beautiful arrhythmia, passage D, etc.)

@Kayla: I guess it's ok if you remove accepted FFR files on the DF engine later on. Now if this was the Tass era, I think the damage has already been done by making any submitted songs public. I think this can be a solution for people who submitted a lot of things on DF namely for feedback. In the future though, it's preferable if file testing is done by private means. When submitting something that's potentially for the domain of FFR, you have to maintain a degree of confidentiality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR?   Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs from the Custom forbidden on FFR?
Page 1 of 1