Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

New way to run poker ladder/league

Go down 
+7
BrycE
Jae-
T-Forc3
awein999
Sky Kitten
Kommisar
Halogen-
11 posters

Should we migrate over to Pokerstars for a new league setup?
Yes
New way to run poker ladder/league Vote_lcap89%New way to run poker ladder/league Vote_rcap
 89% [ 8 ]
No
New way to run poker ladder/league Vote_lcap11%New way to run poker ladder/league Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Halogen-

Halogen-

New way to run poker ladder/league Empty
PostSubject: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 6:50 pm

I'd like to give some credit to Bryce for finding this first, although with how frequent I use PS to play the PSO Skill League freerolls, I might have seen it this evening. But it saved time!

Anyway, there are some substantial advantages to using this over the games.com software:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/home-games/

Quote :

Your exclusive online Poker Club includes these key features:

* Club Management Tools – appoint administrators, accept/remove members, customize your club lobby, set length of club seasons, and more.
* Club Leaderboard – ranks players by points earned through tournament play
* Player Statistics – view points earned, top finishes, knockouts for each club member
* Game Management Tools – customize game parameters and schedule games
* Save Favorite Game Setups – easy to replay your favorite customized game configurations
* Game Schedule – list of scheduled tournaments and open ring game tables
* Game Results – view tournament results including finish order, points earned, knockouts
* Private Games – all games and tournaments are available only to members of your club
* Custom Tables – your club name appears on the felt of your customized game tables
* Full Range of Poker Games – Choose Hold’em, Omaha, Stud, mixed games like HORSE and others
* It’s Free – there is no charge for opening and running your own online Poker Club

Check out the rest of the Home Games section to learn more, and see how easy it is to manage or join an online Poker Club with PokerStars Home Games.

It's entirely free, all everyone would have to do is download the PokerStars client, which hopefully shouldn't be too big of a deal. There's a ton of awesome things that we can do, and we can even host games that aren't free (for those of us with an actual bankroll Wink). Pretty great set-up. I can appoint administrators to the league for those who want to host different events, which means we don't have to be around for hosting; you can just get a few users together and get people to play!

EDIT:
You are invited to join my private poker club for Home Games online.

- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.com
- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- Enter my Club ID number: 40903
- Enter my Invitation Code: dragonsfuryffrleague1

That's it! Once I've approved your membership request, we'll be ready to start playing Home Games online together.

If you want to find out more, visit www.pokerstars.com/homegames

================================================
January 28th/January 29th
Friday
Time: 7:00 PM ET
- No Limit Hold 'Em
- Entry: 109 Play Chips
- 6-Max, no bounty
- 5 minute blinds [Turbo]
- Starting chips - 2,000.

Time: 10:00 PM ET
- No Limit Hold 'Em
- Entry: 134 Play Chips
- 6-Max, Knockout tournament (bounty)

Saturday
Time: 12:00 PM ET
- No Limit Hold 'Em
- Entry: 55 Play Chips
- 6-Max, no bounty

Time: 3:00 PM ET
- No Limit Hold 'Em
- Entry: 33 Play Chips
- 6-Max, no bounty
- 3 minute blinds [Hyper Turbo]
- Starting chips - 1,000.

Time: 6:00 PM ET
- No Limit Hold 'Em
- Entry: 320 Play Chips
- 6-Max, no bounty
- Starting chips - 5,000 (Deep Stack).

Last edited by Halogen- on January 25th 2011, 5:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kommisar
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 7:33 pm

I'd be in for this. Been learning the tricks of the trade lately (and learning what's dumb as fuc)

Back to top Go down
http://www.bluexoon.com
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 8:00 pm

I see a no in here: if there's a reason as to why you wouldn't want to, please let me know so I can address it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sky Kitten
Sky Kitten

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 8:15 pm

I approve of this. Very Happy This would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 10:54 pm

I'm setting up all of the stuff now.

For those of you who want to be in the actual club:

Quote :
You are invited to join my private poker club for Home Games online.

- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.com

That's it! Once I've approved your membership request, we'll be ready to start playing Home Games online together.

If you want to find out more, visit www.pokerstars.com/homegames

Start looking around! I'm in the process of setting things up little by little.

More notes:

The tournament would be play money unless said otherwise. Everyone starts off with 1,000 play money chips, and we can make buy-ins low or high, depending on the amount of people we want.

There are tournament standings as well, but we won't see them unless we get at least 4 people involved.
Back to top Go down
awein999

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2011, 11:15 pm

10000000% support. Enough said.
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 5:49 am

Request sent.
Back to top Go down
http://theforceofsound.blogspot.com/
Jae-

Jae-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 9:34 am

Oh hey. It's what I was talking about the entire time. Only I meant a weekly money game :/
Back to top Go down
BrycE

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 10:47 am

well i will definitely be joining and hopefully it will allow me to occasionally donate a few real dollars to the prize pool.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 12:36 pm

Jae- wrote:
Oh hey. It's what I was talking about the entire time. Only I meant a weekly money game :/

Think about it though how many people here will actually be able to put any money on ps
Back to top Go down
https://dragonsfury.forumotion.net
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 2:20 pm

Trevor/Bryce - you've both been added.

I want to run an actual schedule so that it doesn't require us to be here all the time, but I'm not sure how many tournaments I would want to set up over the course of the weekend.

Kayla was thinking that we could have few tournaments Friday evening, spread out all through Saturday, and then some on Sunday mornings (for those of you who aren't in a friendly time-zone to us). I actually like this setup.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 2:23 pm

woo time zones

also ill set my acc up for this
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 2:44 pm

Dan, you've been added.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 4:33 pm

There will be a poker tournament, tonight at 8:00 PM EST, through Pokerstars. If you aren't a member, see the instructions below on how to join the DF Poker Club.

Details
- No Limit Hold 'Em
- Entry: 109 Play Chips (Pokerstars takes a rake of play money too, for some reason.)
- Regular tournament, no bounty

Last edited by Halogen- on January 14th 2011, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 4:37 pm

Also, what kind of schedule would you guys want to see? I want to be able to accommodate for those who are outside of the U.S. as well.
Back to top Go down
eiddiM

eiddiM

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 5:17 pm

I can't find the actual poker tourney registration only the hold 'em one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
BrycE

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 5:25 pm

I'm gonna have to miss this one due to a birthday in the family. Definitely look forward to playing though.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 5:44 pm

Middie wrote:
I can't find the actual poker tourney registration only the hold 'em one.

You wouldn't have to follow the steps that others would have to follow since you've played in a tournament. Log into your Pokerstars account, then go to home games, and DF's poker club should show up, along with the upcoming tournament.
Back to top Go down
eiddiM

eiddiM

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 6:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is all i keep seeing. I don't see a poker tourney at all
Back to top Go down
awein999

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 6:21 pm

click the tourney tab.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 6:26 pm

Under Club Tournaments, hit Register.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 6:37 pm

i only have 244 free roll chips lol
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 6:52 pm

Bob bob(Dan) wrote:
i only have 244 free roll chips lol

Go into a room and lose them all - you'll get a 1k refill.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 7:43 pm

woop

will do
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 11:23 pm

Congrats to awein for his victory in tonight's match Smile
Back to top Go down
emo_saur_

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2011, 2:11 pm

When I get my laptop working again, I am down.
Back to top Go down
awein999

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2011, 3:44 pm

When is our next poker match? I enjoy any poker game even if it's just for fun Wink Always fun playing with friends.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2011, 3:53 pm

We need to set up an actual schedule. Probably Friday will be another.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 5:55 pm

There will be two poker tournaments tonight, through Pokerstars. If you aren't a member, see the instructions below on how to join the DF Poker Club.

Tournament 1 Details
- No Limit Hold 'Em
- Entry: 109 Play Chips (Pokerstars takes a rake of play money too, for some reason.)
- Regular tournament, no bounty
- 10 minute blinds

Tournament 2 Details
- No Limit Hold 'Em
- Entry: 67.50 Play Chips (Pokerstars takes a rake of play money too, for some reason.)
- Knockout tournament (bounty), 1st place takes entire entry pot
- 3 minute blinds
- Starting chips - 1,000.

Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 6:39 pm

hopefully there will be a time zone friendly game this week (unless there was one last week which i was not aware of)
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 8:05 pm

I'll figure out a schedule for you guys soon, I promise.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2011, 10:42 pm

Congrats to Shikari for winning our first tournament of the night! A brutal river card for Bryce hands him 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 5:20 pm

There's now a schedule up on the first post. Let me know what you guys think of it - Kayla tried catching everyone's time zones the best she could.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 5:28 pm

that new schedule looks pretty sick, plus i can play twice on saturdays Cool
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 6:09 pm

Bob bob(Dan) wrote:
that new schedule looks pretty sick, plus i can play twice on saturdays Cool

I was hoping it would work that way. I'm not the greatest with time zones lol
Back to top Go down
eiddiM

eiddiM

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 6:32 pm

YOU SPAMMED MEEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New way to run poker ladder/league   New way to run poker ladder/league Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New way to run poker ladder/league
Page 1 of 1