Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

DKC2 Walkthrough

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tomatoshadow

tomatoshadow

DKC2 Walkthrough Empty
PostSubject: DKC2 Walkthrough   DKC2 Walkthrough Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 9:51 pm

Hey. I just finished posting videos of my Donkey Kong Country 2 Walkthrough and realized it's been over a year since I started it. I stopped recording for a long time so you can see the skill drop in the videos haha.

Just posting it here because no one's watching them/know it exists. So if you care, you can watch them there : https://www.youtube.com/user/tomatoshadow#grid/user/9BD6936A858ECD4F
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

DKC2 Walkthrough Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKC2 Walkthrough   DKC2 Walkthrough Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 2:39 am

One of the funnest games ever.
I'm actually in the middle of a new file on my GBA right now XD.
Back to top Go down
http://theforceofsound.blogspot.com/
tomatoshadow

tomatoshadow

DKC2 Walkthrough Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKC2 Walkthrough   DKC2 Walkthrough Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 2:58 am

I actually hate it on gba Sad

The beautiful music ruined by the gba, the controls all changed (underwater levels mixed me up), the colors too bright and less visibility... And the overworld remade (and wtf too).

All this make me really sad Sad

Haha, I thought the same of ff6, I'm not fond of GBA remake even if I love GBA games in general. Must be because I love those game so much, most people see no difference.
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

DKC2 Walkthrough Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKC2 Walkthrough   DKC2 Walkthrough Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 3:16 am

Well DS for one, and the music is unchanged. And I find it easier than SNES ' controls (maybe it's the lack of Y or X buttons) and once again, DS XD.

And FF6 was done well. Although I hear there was a lot of criticism for the rock-ish soundtrack update.
Back to top Go down
tomatoshadow

tomatoshadow

DKC2 Walkthrough Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKC2 Walkthrough   DKC2 Walkthrough Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 4:18 am

Sorry, but what do you mean by "DS"? Like you're playing it on the DS?

I'm having a hard time understanding haha
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

DKC2 Walkthrough Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKC2 Walkthrough   DKC2 Walkthrough Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 4:22 am

Yeah XD.
So no more control issues (seriously my GBA's buttons stick x]) and backlight win XD.
Back to top Go down
tomatoshadow

tomatoshadow

DKC2 Walkthrough Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKC2 Walkthrough   DKC2 Walkthrough Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2010, 11:58 pm

I wasn't really clear, let me explain!

The music : GBA's music chip is inferior to SNES', so every sound effects/music sounds crappier.

The controls : I noticed several things, ie. not being able to control up and down underwater or with the animals. The physics are pretty much all redone.

Too bright : Problem with gba was no backlight (fixed with DS) so they made every color brighter to make it visible.

Less visibility : It actually looks alright when I look at it now. But with FF6 the screen was cropped. Snes and Gba don't have the same resolution and screen size. Everything would be really small if it was just a port, and imagine the same text size as gba on a tv.

That's pretty much what I meant! Compare those video to see it yourself :

Toxic Tower GBA, Toxic Tower SNES

Listen to both musics and sounds, watch how stuff move (different physics). I think they made it all green on GBA to give a water reflect effect with the acid so I can't blame that. But still.

Maybe I'm just really picky, everyone is like this with something he likes a lot Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DKC2 Walkthrough Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKC2 Walkthrough   DKC2 Walkthrough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DKC2 Walkthrough
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Talk :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: