Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Destination of the Heart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saphira

Saphira

Destination of the Heart Empty
PostSubject: Destination of the Heart   Destination of the Heart Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 9:51 pm

Discuss/post scores for Destination of the Heart here

Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: Destination of the Heart   Destination of the Heart Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 5:10 am

So yeah, I played this song at first glance, thought it was an 11, so did Kayla. Then I hear a ton of people saying that this is a 10. Fine. Take another glance at it, think it's a high 10 - went to change the xml stats to make this song's difficulty a 10.

Kayla and I got into a huge argument about it - and you know what, I crunched some numbers comparing a song that the general consensus says should an FMO - Vertex Beta.

Guess what.

Vertex Beta
33 full measures (including one handed trills) = 132 beats / 200 BPM = 0.66m = 39.6s = 13.33 tps
528 notes

Destination of the Heart
18 full measures x 4 = 72 beats / 200 BPM = 0.36m x 60 = 21.6s = 14.21 tps
307 notes

ALL of Vertex Beta's runs have a lower steps/minute count than Destination of the Heart's final run. The one up there is the longest run but it doesn't matter because none of them have jumps aside from the last note, and every run ends in a jump, so I just stopped there.

"OMG THERE'S ONE-HANDED TRILLS IN BETA THAT'S WHY IT'S AN FMO" - then obviously no one realized that if you hit the one-handed trills as jumps, that you can hit all perfects on them. Not only that, but Heart has 200 BPM left handed runningmen that transition into a mini-jump trill into a triple. There's also a few mini-trills in the run too. Not to mention Destination of the Heart also has 8th jumps with 16th notes dividing them.

So you know what? I'm not arguing with anyone anymore. My instinct was to rate this as an 11, I dropped it, and I'm putting it back up. You guys can sit and be pessimistic about how this should be a 10, but I'm going to take the optimistic route and say that you're all good at an 11. Take your pick.

じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Destination of the Heart Simba2
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Destination of the Heart   Destination of the Heart Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 5:59 am

From now on when it comes to objections with difficulties either post them or make sure both of us are in chat. Preferable post them so the whole community can express why they feel it's one or the other.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destination of the Heart   Destination of the Heart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destination of the Heart
Page 1 of 1