Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

My 1st file

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saphira

Saphira

My 1st file Empty
PostSubject: My 1st file   My 1st file Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2009, 9:17 pm

Yea so this is my 1st file ever. I know it still needs some work yet but it's playable the way it is lol. I'm going to do a lil more work to it but if you'd like to try it the way it is now here's the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ika4dtmmmqy/Days&Nights(psychoangel).zip ( I think the offset is fixed now it had gotten messed up on me before.)

Hopefully I'll start getting decently good at making files soon then I can be added to that list in the other thread and step stuff for you guys.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonsfury.forumotion.net
Zyroplex

Zyroplex

My 1st file Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1st file   My 1st file Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2009, 3:16 am

(Twenty days late... whatevs.)
Good to see a new chart artist (or as I like to call 'em, "chartist"). I'll skip the generic "how to make a good chart" tips and get straight to some advice.

Check that rhythm--it's not actually 16ths, it's more like 24th gallops. Here's a .zip file with a 24th-rhythm chart for comparison. Play it at 0.5x rate with assist-tick, it will be obvious that 16ths aren't quite on-beat. Basically, quantize everything to 24ths and then individually edit out the notes that don't match the rhythm. (or copy and paste what I've got)
Of course, 16ths rhythm is easier, so you could have an easier chart using 16ths, but I'd recommend using (fewer for easier) 24ths.

Watch the ending. It sounds like it slows down... which may be a weird bpm change. (Not sure, haven't analyzed it)

It may or may not be worth trimming this song--it simply repeats itself in the second half. Some people prefer the repetition, personally I don't. It's up to you though, and whether you feel like fiddling with Audacity.

24ths chart
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

My 1st file Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1st file   My 1st file Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 6:40 pm

I totally never saw this post for some reason lol. Thanks for the advice but yea I know the bpm changes at the end I need to fix that yet. But it was my 1st attempt at making a file I just started gettin really frustrated with it lol I picked too long a song to step for my 1st
Back to top Go down
https://dragonsfury.forumotion.net
Zyroplex

Zyroplex

My 1st file Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1st file   My 1st file Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2010, 9:26 pm

Yeah, I know how you feel. I picked a song like this (really long (~3 minutes), not too many changes to the melody) and haven't bothered to finish. (or start, for that matter...)

I think the best way to do it is to push yourself just to get through the song once (with real arrows) and come back later to tweak it. Intuition is good enough, usually.
Also, you could try counting the number of times a musical phrase repeats itself, then work patterns for that. (For example, if it repeats an 8-measure section eight times, you know you have 64 measures for back-and-forth, mirrored, etc, patterns. Sometimes repetition is a good thing.)

Alternatively, find another song. You'll get the hang of charting once you finish a few.
In other words, it's okay to have a stack of WIPs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My 1st file Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1st file   My 1st file Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 1st file
Page 1 of 1