HomePortalRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Share | 
 

 Beginning again.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Halogen-

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 25
Location : asdf

PostSubject: Beginning again.   September 3rd 2011, 3:03 pm

After CT6, I'm leaving the FFR forums. I'd much rather stay in a place where people are nice and grateful for the things that are being done to make them happy than stay in a place full of pompous pricks and idiots who think it's wrong to be passionate about a site/community that you've been with for so long.

I'm going to start reading up on .php/MySQL again, but at a much more serious level. I'm hoping to get a few people who are just as tired of the community as I am to come over and start helping. I'm wanting this to be the next tight-knit community - a new Bluexoon/RF, if you will, but with a much nicer and calmer environment.

The first thing I want to do is fully move over all of the forum posts/structure from here to our own site on keysmashingisawesome.com - I have some tools to make this happen, but I'm not sure how much of the forum's appearance will stay. It'll be a work in progress. I'll keep you guys posted.

_________________
. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Back to top Go down
~Zeta~
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 24
Location : Peoria, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 3rd 2011, 4:01 pm

I'm one of those.

I know basic html/ccs/javascript and can learn more if you want help.

_________________
[09:59:00] kjwkjw : "omg 24th trill --- whew it's ove-- omg rainbow stream -- whew it's ov-- omg minijacks -- whew it's ove-- omg quad -- whew the song's ove-- omg placeholder note *dies"
Back to top Go down
Frankie

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 30
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 3rd 2011, 11:06 pm

After our conversation over the phone earlier, you know I'm going to be looking into that as well. I'll be hitting it really hard shortly within this upcoming week and will keep in contact with you and Kayla regarding how I'm fairing out.
Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author
avatar

Join date : 2010-05-21
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 3rd 2011, 11:11 pm

Halogen- wrote:
I'm hoping to get a few people who are just as tired of the community as I am to come over and start helping.
/tired of community.

Would you guys like it if we started recruits [so to say] to come over? I know a few people who are just as sick of the people over there as you or I am. They wouldn't be very helpful with coding and stuff but if you wanted more of the nice~ness and people to come I can help.

Advertising, lulz.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 25
Location : asdf

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 4th 2011, 12:19 am

The problem that Kayla and I have with other people coming in is that we don't want other people potentially dictating how they want things to be done, when we have our own plans.

This is a work in progress, and I hope to get dedicated people. For now, I'm just gathering tools to start making things happen. It'll be a slow process but let it be known that I am NOT going to give up on DF.

Just like how Synth disappeared from FFR, I will the first to admit that I disappeared from DF to go back to FFR, and I completely regret it. You have my word for this: I -will- be a lot more active here. Kayla will be aiding wherever she can in this movement, and I appreciate people that will be willing to work with us, and not try to step in the way of our ideas (not targeting you Frankie, since we talked on the phone about a few things).

I have no problems listening to anyone, but I want to make it clear that if we don't take part in certain people's ideas, it's not because we don't like you or think that the idea is problematic - it's just not where we want the site to go.

_________________
. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Back to top Go down
iironiic
Simfile Author
avatar

Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 26
Location : NY

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 4th 2011, 1:46 am

Not a fan of the community nor the game itself. I'll probably leave FFR for good when I achieved all of my goals. I'll stick around here though.

_________________

Goals left on FFR:

Average Rank 3 and AAA all Difficulties 1-10. Maybe ~75 FMO AAAs on top of that.


Back to top Go down
Scintill
Simfile Author
avatar

Join date : 2009-11-26
Age : 24
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 4th 2011, 6:00 am

Sadly I can't help with programming... yet. I just started my first year of college Razz
Back to top Go down
Dossar
Simfile Author
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-14
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 5th 2011, 12:02 pm

I'm going to have to say that I'll also come on DF more often too. This place has been really inactive lately. All I'm seeing right now on FFR is garbage posted from RF trolls.

Good to see this site being more active though - reminds me of Vocamania and SMO, best community atmosphere you can achieve. Cool
Back to top Go down
DarkChrysalis

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 27
Location : FFR

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 5th 2011, 4:44 pm

This thread:


And MY axe, Simba.
Back to top Go down
FN2000x

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 27
Location : City Of The Dead

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 1:52 am

I haven't been here much because of work, and the fact that it is inactive. Unlike FFR, I like being here a great deal more since the rules are (most of the time) enforced, no matter how little or how high the problem is on the scale for punishment. But at the same time, you can joke around here and people will realize what is a joke, and what is being serious.

For all things aside, I'd like to see this place come alive, and possibly if it gets bigger, have more mods and such Razz
Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author
avatar

Join date : 2010-05-21
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 2:07 am

FN2000x wrote:
Unlike FFR, I like being here a great deal more since the rules are (most of the time) enforced, no matter how little or how high the problem is on the scale for punishment. But at the same time, you can joke around here and people will realize what is a joke, and what is being serious.

Ain't this the truth ;.;
Back to top Go down
EzExZeRo7497



Join date : 2011-09-06
Age : 19
Location : Singapore, SG

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 3:32 am

I guess this would be another community I'm going to be in. The FFR community's getting ridiculous. Well, part of it at least. After the tournaments I'm going to participate and all the goals I wanted done, I'll be here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/EzExAzN
eiddiM

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 24
Location : Puyallup Washington

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 4:22 am

Just because people on ffr suck doesn't mean you shouldn't continue to play the tournies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
Sky Kitten
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 23
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 10:13 am

Always good to have people here and actually wanting to help out bring this community back to life. Smile You guys are awesome.

_________________
. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Winner of the 2010 Dragon's Fury Awards for Wannabe Chat Mod
Winner of the 2010 Dragon's Fury Awards for Most Thoughtful Person
Winner of the 2010 Dragon's Fury Awards for Friendliest Poster
Winner of the 2010 Dragon's Fury Awards for Next Mod
Back to top Go down
FN2000x

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 27
Location : City Of The Dead

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 10:39 am

Middie wrote:
Just because people on ffr suck doesn't mean you shouldn't continue to play the tournies Very Happy


To an extent, you act different here then you do on FFR. But to generalize the situation, you are one of the main reasons why Im starting to dislike the community, not you as a whole, but what you are. A Troll.


You troll differently here then you do on FFR. On FFR, you make some rather radical and ridiculous posts that have content relating to the OP what so ever, and often times get rude in your posts, or the posts come off as rude lol
Back to top Go down
Frankie

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 30
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 1:26 pm

I must say, trolling was the reason I contemplated retirement over and over again. Honestly, kayla and AJ were right when I posted the retirement on my facebook page. I wasn't really retiring. I was mainly, to be frank, retiring from the community. Now I post here and there for good ideas and scores and tournaments, but other than that, I could give two shit's about what that community does anymore.

It's turning more and more into a troll community as we speak and nothing is being done about it. That's NOTHING against the current mods and admins over there, but mainly just a lack of supervision from the admins. Most importantly, Synthlight. I hate to say it since he was the creator of such an amazing idea, but he needed/needs to step up and come back and run it the way HE wants to. Or, the way HE wants to with the correct community. God knows, he never wanted the trolls or what not to ruin his site.

There are a lot of veterans on that website that remember that site years ago. Myself is one of them along with AJ, kayla, and the list excels. I've been playing that game for nearly 8 1/2 years. I remember the amazing discussions back when when a song was introduced or when someone had an idea. THAT was a GREAT community. As more came in, more agreed and what not, THEN all of a sudden, BOOM the trolls came. Where they came from, who gives a shit, but they need to leave or change their internet attitude, because really, it's nothing worth it.

I will agree that some people are different over there than on some other websites. Middie, I agree with Brian, you really are different, but who cares? That community is pushing more and more people to be that way, and I don't blame you for one minute. But, it's people like us, you included middie, that have a mind of our own and came come together and make something beautiful. We all have the ambition of what FFR once had, and we all have amazing ideas to put forth.

I've been on both winning and losing sides of the trolls and doing stupid things, who doesn't, but it's what we make of it to become great that makes us who we are. AJ and Kayla took the initiative to create this site and now look at it. It's blossomed (whether or not its inactive) into something where people can go and actually have fun at. Nothing can take that away from them or their community.

End of story conclusion, everyone needs to come together and help out. One day, this site could overtake any other because of the rules and enforcement that are displayed exceedingly well over here and because the community is so generously attracting. Change can be good, and this place proves that.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 25
Location : asdf

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 4:51 pm

Like I said - I want this community to be a nice little home that people can come to; I'm more of a fan of close-knit communities and DF is no different. Kayla and I have made the home, and we want users deserving of it to inhabit it.

On another note: still reading up on .php. I'm being completely serious when I say I want to take DF to a new level.

I have a few short-term goals that I want to take on, like a forum shift (which I will be trying again later today), and a home-page site on KSA (rather than having the engine on the homepage). I also have plans on decompiling the FFR engine and removing more unnecessary clutter.

As I said, I'll keep you posted. Smile

_________________
. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author
avatar

Join date : 2010-05-21
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 5:05 pm

Halogen- wrote:
Kayla and I have made the home

I lol'd sort of when I read this, cuz it's like mommy daddy and now more kiddies than what you expected coming in your house and eating your foodz while causing chaos but good chaos of sorts x3
Back to top Go down
00Razor00
Simfile Author
avatar

Join date : 2011-04-09
Age : 26
Location : El Paso, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 7:50 pm

Sweet. Guess I'll be runnin' RF and stickin' around here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kommisar
Simfile Author


Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 26
Location : Moncton NB, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 6th 2011, 8:37 pm

I disagree with way too much shit on ffr now haha. No offense to you guys.


also bluexoon was a very nice and chill environment albeit full of 4chan overused memes Mad


also small tight-knit communities own for having projects and stuff since most people who tend to gather have similar interests. Reason why bx had so many stepmania packs is because everyone there still played etc. I'm sure you guys can do the same with the game itself since you've been doing it already very nicely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluexoon.com
V

avatar

Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 7th 2011, 3:59 am

If you need any help on anything, hit me up. Oh how I remember the fun times we had here~
Back to top Go down
~Zeta~
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 24
Location : Peoria, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 7th 2011, 4:32 am

(NSS) Velocity wrote:
If you need any help on anything, hit me up. Oh how I remember the fun times we had here~

oh god lmao

_________________
[09:59:00] kjwkjw : "omg 24th trill --- whew it's ove-- omg rainbow stream -- whew it's ov-- omg minijacks -- whew it's ove-- omg quad -- whew the song's ove-- omg placeholder note *dies"
Back to top Go down
Xayphon



Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 7th 2011, 10:09 am

mmm a new beginning
Back to top Go down
typing like wat

avatar

Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22
Location : Morris ville, NC

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 7th 2011, 9:35 pm

im active from time to time but i dont come here often for the same reason Fn2000x "inactive" id certainly come on more often like i did today(say kayla pop in but she left cause everyone was away) but if you see someone on say hi and wait a few minutes for them to reply
Back to top Go down
http://tasselfoot.com/forum/member.php?104-typing-like-wat
Ic0slay3r

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 26
Location : San Juan, Puerto Rico

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 8th 2011, 10:36 am

What is this RF some of you guys talk about?


Also, I support anything you guys make lol
Back to top Go down
Elite Ninja



Join date : 2010-12-04
Age : 23
Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 8th 2011, 2:10 pm

Hmmm this was an interesting read. If I knew anything about .php or whatever it is I would gladly help but I wouldnt have the time to learn about it. All I know is VB lol and currently learning C#.

Now that I have completed my goals for FFR pretty much I plan on sticking to DF for now on because the FFR community has just gone to pieces from what I see. I would love to be included in this small knit community and see it grow and can't wait to see the progress that is made! All this seems so exciting.

Only attachement I have to FFR now are tournaments lol.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-21
Age : 32
Location : Budd Lake NJ

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 8th 2011, 7:37 pm

Please, I don't want wars between sites. This is chill community lets keep it that way.


This isn't directed at one more than the other, just in general. People from all diff communities have been able to coexist here without problems before. So no hating on anyone here k? k

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsfury.forumotion.net
Frankie

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 30
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 9th 2011, 1:20 pm

I've been reading up on that website you gave me AJ and it is really an in depth learning experience. I'm coming along fairly well and will definitely hit you up when I feel more comfortable with some other things that you "might" need help with if you want Smile Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 10th 2011, 7:18 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author
avatar

Join date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   September 10th 2011, 7:50 pm

the roll eyes isnt directed at you restarting again and what not. its directed at everything else about the ffr community.
Back to top Go down
jprox445

avatar

Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 23
Location : 14 McGraw Brampton Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   December 23rd 2011, 4:51 pm

AJ, Kayla I will be glad to help in anyway I can, I love FFR but I am starting to see the massive amounts of trolls.. e.g. (Attractive), when I get back into school I'll take a Computer science class and learn some .php k? I'll be on here every now and then... I have a question though.. will you have skill tokens like in FFR? because thats really only one of the reason I stay on FFR is to obtain a glorified thing like that XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/jproxleft4dead2
Halogen-

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 25
Location : asdf

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   December 26th 2011, 2:47 pm

I'm not sure how to add skill tokens, unfortunately.

There are a lot of things I would like to learn for the sake of adding a few things to DF's custom engine. On another end though, Velocity did say at some point that he was willing to help out. I'm just afraid to ask, that's all.

We've been the only community to have permission for his engine, and we've had it for quite some time. That should be a bigger reason to ask him, but...

...I don't know.

_________________
. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Back to top Go down
eiddiM

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 24
Location : Puyallup Washington

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   December 26th 2011, 5:52 pm

jprox445 wrote:
AJ, Kayla I will be glad to help in anyway I can, I love FFR but I am starting to see the massive amounts of trolls.. e.g. (Attractive), when I get back into school I'll take a Computer science class and learn some .php k? I'll be on here every now and then... I have a question though.. will you have skill tokens like in FFR? because thats really only one of the reason I stay on FFR is to obtain a glorified thing like that XD

We could always make like Psuedo tokens that unlock SM files or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
Halogen-

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 25
Location : asdf

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   December 26th 2011, 6:52 pm

The problem with doing that is the lack of convenience. Not everyone is going to want to download SM just to play an exclusive file that they might not like.

Not to mention, there's always the potential of file leaks and whatnot.

_________________
. /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Back to top Go down
eiddiM

avatar

Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 24
Location : Puyallup Washington

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   December 26th 2011, 7:04 pm

Yeah, that's the only thing that sucks about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
jprox445

avatar

Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 23
Location : 14 McGraw Brampton Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   January 11th 2012, 6:00 am

eh it doesn't matter really Razz
I'm glad to be a part of DF though Razz
I think it's time I got added to the Roster on FFR XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/jproxleft4dead2
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Beginning again.   

Back to top Go down
 
Beginning again.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Delicious 10: Emily's New Beginning
» The Beginning of Grail Lords
» Nurgle Army
» Any good low rank gunner sets?
» Gilneas Current State

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements-
Jump to: