HomePortalRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Share | 

how to do For FFR?_?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiron
Simfile Author

PostSubject: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 2:05 am

Still not close to AAAing this song. I've tried many different methods, including a tip from OWA to watch the ending as two separate trills. But in the end, everything still disaggregates and I end up with too many goods. I tried different key setups, finger placements, and mirror, but nothing's really inching me closer. Cyrenics suggested jumptrills (apparently was his method) but I do even worse with that method. I've even tried to switch two of my fingers around in a fghj key setup to treat the 41324 patterns as rolls, but there is always a couple goods that escape. Part of the problem is that my results are not consistent in any way - scores are a grab bag of goods, boos, and occasionally averages. If I'm lucky, I might get 4 goods clean. But can't get better than that.

I thought that after taking a few years break from this song, I can AAA it, but I'm still not close.

Anything?_? It's bugging me. For years.
Back to top Go down
Niala
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 3:24 am

Download a bot.

But seriously, once your fingers are warmed up you should be able to get the rolls, and the transition isn't too bad because of how it's set up. I haven't AAA'd it either, but recently I've gone from 16-0-0-0 to 9-0-0-0 to 8-0-0-0 to 7-0-0-1 to 4-0-0-0 in that many playthroughs, maybe if you give it a lot of tries it'll come, grind it to fuk.

Also, a couple of things, I dunno if you use velocity engine but I need to play the song on -2 offset for it to make any sense. Also, if you can roll both ways, try mirror. I find mirror is a good way to better your scores quickly and easily so that might work.
Back to top Go down
Shiron
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 4:46 am

Mirror's actually worse for me when doing those patterns at the end. I also use an offset of -3 if the song's actually to be played in sync.
Back to top Go down
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 8:38 am

Easiest way is to explain it is to BS them. The 4132 stuff con almost be (24) (13) but as sr a light gallops. Easiest way to transition for me is to lift the altering hand (left hand I think) up for a brief second (i.e. repositioning hand for the 4321 pattern). This tends to be very late in the hit frames and allows some room to go too fast. From that, it takes some luck. That's how I've been doing the ending.

[09:59:00] kjwkjw : "omg 24th trill --- whew it's ove-- omg rainbow stream -- whew it's ov-- omg minijacks -- whew it's ove-- omg quad -- whew the song's ove-- omg placeholder note *dies"
Back to top Go down
iironiic
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 10:32 am

Remedy told me it's jumptrillable, but I refuse to believe that because I feel that it's too slow to do that.

Goals left on FFR:

Average Rank 3 and AAA all Difficulties 1-10. Maybe ~75 FMO AAAs on top of that.

Back to top Go down
Plan_B
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 12:41 pm

I actually hit them normal but whored the isolation file of it for awhile trying to figure it out then went and did the full thing. Ended up having to position my hands/arms a different way in order to hit the end more comfortably.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 1:58 pm

iironiic wrote:
Remedy told me it's jumptrillable, but I refuse to believe that because I feel that it's too slow to do that.

it is, you just have to hit them as 12ths
Back to top Go down
samurai7694
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 4:49 pm

easy, just hit the arrows as they come up to the receptors.

how to AAA it: rolls = focus on the right arrow for those 432143214321 rolls. When doing those rolls, use the right arrows and down arrows as your guide. Reason being, the 42424242 are 12ths, so those rolls are actually 24th notes.

Like my fellow colleague Mike mentioned, think of the 4132 patterns as 1324, and if you're right handed, focus on the up and right arrows. All I can say is to watch out for the nasty transition between the 4132 pattern and the 4321 roll which lasts for about 2 and a half measures. Always be consistent with the rolls.

Xavier Hollander once told me...
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 5:00 pm

samurai7694 wrote:
easy, just hit the arrows as they come up to the receptors.

how to AAA it: rolls = focus on the right arrow for those 432143214321 rolls. When doing those rolls, use the right arrows and down arrows as your guide. Reason being, the 42424242 are 12ths, so those rolls are actually 24th notes.

Like my fellow colleague Mike mentioned, think of the 4132 patterns as 1324, and if you're right handed, focus on the up and right arrows. All I can say is to watch out for the nasty transition between the 4132 pattern and the 4321 roll which lasts for about 2 and a half measures. Always be consistent with the rolls.

Xavier Hollander once told me...

No wonder we're really close in scores for just about everything -- I do rhythmic sub-division just like you. It helps on songs that are extremely dense but have fairly simplistic rhythms. Although I will have to say, For FFR is a bit tough even with guides.

じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Back to top Go down
Shiron
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 10:55 pm

Bob bob(Dan) wrote:
iironiic wrote:

it is, you just have to hit them as 12ths

Of course that is ideal when you break it up that way, but your timing must be perfect if you try to jumptrill it. My jumptrill attempts actually land me something like 10-20+ goods and other junk, so it's more punishing to attempt this method.

I actually just tried the isolation file yesterday many times. Too bad the results were just as inconsistent.

samurai7694 wrote:

Yeah, I know the pattern is 1324 in general, with 4 being sort of the kickstart to the pattern, but not the arrow you'd focus on for maintaining a rhythm to that pattern. Yes, I think the transition is probably part of the problem for much of my attempts, although, it's easy to become out-of-sync within the repetitive patterns.

In an askl spread position, it's really easy to have your fingers automatically meld from 1324 to accidentally ending up with a 1234 pattern instead. At a fast speed, 1324 doesn't seem very feasible because 3 is sort of like a "bump" that prevents your fingers from hitting this pattern smoothly. Eventually, your fingers end up doing 1234 (it naturally ends up this way) and the consistency is lost, resulting in goods.

Trying some more later.
Back to top Go down
eiddiM

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 10th 2011, 11:32 pm

Cheat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
Shiron
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 11th 2011, 4:25 am

played some more

last section on average resulted in around 13-14 goods most of the time, plus 0-2 averages
best was 6 goods clean

So a bit worse today.
Back to top Go down
Niala
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 17th 2011, 1:32 am

8D

Take that bmah!
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 17th 2011, 4:05 am

you

bastard
Sad
Back to top Go down
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 17th 2011, 8:34 am

That's just mean lmao

[09:59:00] kjwkjw : "omg 24th trill --- whew it's ove-- omg rainbow stream -- whew it's ov-- omg minijacks -- whew it's ove-- omg quad -- whew the song's ove-- omg placeholder note *dies"
Back to top Go down
kjwkjw
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 17th 2011, 10:01 am

rofl Jeff

now go say sorry to bmah and get him the AAA and shower him with candy etc.

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 18th 2011, 6:15 am

I have to give credit to Jeff for actually offering me some advice that worked. However, my issue now is that runs aren't consistent. Best now I got is 3-0-0-0, but it can easily be something like 10 goods.
Back to top Go down
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   February 24th 2011, 10:59 pm

Practice Across Rooftops' beginning.

Back to top Go down
Shiron
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   March 2nd 2011, 6:22 am

2-0-0-0

fffffffffff

I'm still on the kjwkjw journey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to do For FFR?_?   

Back to top Go down

how to do For FFR?_?