HomePortalRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Share | 

Expulsion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
.Gazelle.

PostSubject: Expulsion   January 17th 2011, 5:32 pm

So a couple of days ago around lunchtime at school a couple of students were called to the office. one by one they came back with a sad look on their face I'd seen these same students called in before and i instantly knew it was drug related. By now I'm surprised they're still allowed in the school they've all been caught at least 3 times and have only been suspended once so i was wondering what the outcome would be. It seems that all they got was a slap on the wrist and then they were sent back to class. the point of this story is there was a new student in my class last year who got in trouble a lot but, for minor things like talking in class after school one day he was caught swearing at someone outside and was expelled. I don't understand how he was expelled for swearing and they can do drugs in school and get away with it. so what i wanted to ask is what do you guys think he should have been expelled and should the group of students be expelled
Back to top Go down
MarioNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Expulsion   January 17th 2011, 11:52 pm

Where I went, it was zero tolerance for drugs. Automatic expulsion. And you would only get a suspension for first time offence with things like swearing. And I agree with that.

All in all, I believe the punishments should have been inverted in your story for it to be fair for everyone involved in it!
Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: Expulsion   January 18th 2011, 12:12 am

At my school, it was pretty much opposite of what you experienced. For swearing as many times as you wanted, you got a little slap on the wrist. You pretty much never went to the office for it, and if you did, they'd send you right back because the teacher was stupid for sending a student to the office for swearing. The principal had better things to do with his time to be honest >.>

Drugs though, they have a "system" that they have to abide by but almost never do. The system goes; first time offense is 10 days suspended and an in-school conference between your parents and the principal. Second time, you were suspended for 30+ days and your case went to the board of education where they would deal with you further. Third time offense is 90+ day suspension and taken to the board of education again. After that you were "officially gone". But most of the time you were out on strike two or three.

All in all, agreed that the punishments should have been reversed. You might be able to write an anonymous letter to the school board about it. Look into it if you're really concerned.
Back to top Go down
Shiron
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: Expulsion   January 18th 2011, 1:43 am

Either the situation is a very unjust one, or more likely, you didn't know the whole story to the student's dismissal from school (other than simply "swearing").
Back to top Go down
eiddiM

PostSubject: Re: Expulsion   January 18th 2011, 2:27 am

Stupidity is everywhere. Sometimes you have to stare at it and laugh.

I recommend you do that and not even feel bad for them. They were asking for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expulsion   

Back to top Go down

Expulsion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Talk :: Critical Thinking-
Jump to: