HomePortalRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Share | 

Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x   December 15th 2010, 3:41 am

That's today. I've been working my ass off for the past 2 weeks (hence my disappearance). I'm going to be playing this for the judges as it's my favourite song to play (that doesn't have like 4 minutes of improv solo *cough* Nottingham Lace *cough*)

;aklsdjfa;klfja;slkdjfas;lkdjf Still a Nervous Wreck. Got a nose bleed aking a shower just standing there (wtf?).
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x   December 15th 2010, 3:51 am

sounds challenging

good luck Cool
Back to top Go down
alloyus

PostSubject: Re: Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x   December 15th 2010, 7:00 pm

Good luck, Z! ^_^
Back to top Go down
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Re: Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x   December 15th 2010, 10:16 pm

First off, interview was easy. Four questions and done. The audition...not so much. First, Berklee only gave me the address of the audition site in Chicago. No pictures, maps, directions-- just an address. An address that google, AT&T, or even TomTom couldn't find. The problem was that Berklee gave the right street and number address but the wrong building name. There was not a building named West Chicago Community Music Center anywhere. The building was called the Garfield Field House. How did they get that name? The center is on the second floor of it. With no sign outside or anywhere. So, I wasn't the only to miss my audition time. Because of their screw-up, they were an hour behind already at 9:00 am. So, I had to wait until they could fit me in the schedule. I starting warming up at 9:30 am. Listened to the other people auditioning....not the greatest talent... x.x When It came to my audition, they were rushing like FUCK. I'm trying to setup my stuff and they're asking me questions. I couldn't even set the amp and my effects right to get the right tone. Through the exercises: unbalanced, fast paced (really hard to hear rhythms when trying to mimic them, especially when tonguing on the sax), improvisation over B flat blues was messed up as the accompanist couldn't keep a good pace and punctuate the chord hits, mimicking by singing was done in 10 seconds (he was like, ok perfect after 5 notes), then came me playing Technical Difficulties. It sounded horrendous to my ear. The distortion on it just SCREAMED on the fender amp (which is of course, like all fender amps: extremely high treble setting). They had the sound going in front of my in the worst acoustics ever so I couldn't hear the backing track at all when the screaming distortion reached my ears. I heard every note twice. I'm sending them an e-mail about this and how unsettling it is to go through this for a college. Didn't seem like a professional audition at all from the look of it.

[09:59:00] kjwkjw : "omg 24th trill --- whew it's ove-- omg rainbow stream -- whew it's ov-- omg minijacks -- whew it's ove-- omg quad -- whew the song's ove-- omg placeholder note *dies"
Back to top Go down
eiddiM

PostSubject: Re: Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x   December 15th 2010, 10:45 pm

That sucks man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Re: Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x   January 31st 2011, 8:43 am

Quote :
January 31, 2011

Michael Zahner # 0638874
2415 W Ayres Ave
West Peoria, IL 61604

Dear Michael:

Thank you for submitting your application for admission to Berklee College of Music. After a careful review and evaluation of your application by our Board of Admissions, we regret to inform you that you have not been admitted to Berklee for the September 2011, fall semester.

This year's highly competitive application pool, coupled with the limited number of seats available in our entering class, has resulted in many applicants being denied admission, despite their potential to succeed. The Board of Admissions is unable to consider an appeal of this decision.

Should you continue to have an interest in attending Berklee, you are welcome to reapply for the September 2012 semester or beyond.

We wish you every success in your future musical endeavors.

Sincerely,

Damien S. Bracken
Dean of Admissions

I don't know what to blame or think. School for taking away a ton of free time? Or the interview that I never heard back from about my complaint?

[09:59:00] kjwkjw : "omg 24th trill --- whew it's ove-- omg rainbow stream -- whew it's ov-- omg minijacks -- whew it's ove-- omg quad -- whew the song's ove-- omg placeholder note *dies"
Back to top Go down
eiddiM

PostSubject: Re: Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x   January 31st 2011, 2:40 pm

Ouch start writing your hatemail?
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/sevennightmareslong
iironiic
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x   January 31st 2011, 5:45 pm

Sorry to hear this Mikey Sad

Goals left on FFR:

Average Rank 3 and AAA all Difficulties 1-10. Maybe ~75 FMO AAAs on top of that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x   

Back to top Go down

Berklee College Of Music Audition and Interview x.x
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1