Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Tier Points possibly?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
~Zeta~
~Zeta~

Tier Points possibly? Empty
PostSubject: Tier Points possibly?   Tier Points possibly? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 5:19 pm

Well, we have quite a few songs in the Engine and some don't get played often soooo, I thought of this while playing FFR and people posting scores and arguing which division Dan is in (lol).

Is it possible to set a tier point system or just a thread on this forum?

I sure can maintain a thread and make it with a template (or a dashboard).

Just an idea. Setting the point values wouldn't be hard. But figuring the tier levels and points for those may be painstaking. I'm all for doing it/helping out if it's ok to do it and if others want to help out.

Idea:

Same tier point quality
- SDG, FC, Point Values (Based on raw score), etc.
- Could add using mods (separate tier or bonus, using things like spin, sudden, etc.)

Thoughts/ideas?
Back to top Go down
alloyus

alloyus

PostSubject: Re: Tier Points possibly?   Tier Points possibly? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 5:29 pm

This would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: Tier Points possibly?   Tier Points possibly? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 5:32 pm

Replicating the old tier points list would be awesome, but it would be entirely reliant on people putting scores up on their own since we don't have a database. I could go through the songs and put up a list (and unlike FFR, I'll actually include easier songs for our lower level players too).

I don't agree with the modifier list though, it's not something people can pick up easily.
Back to top Go down
~Zeta~
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Re: Tier Points possibly?   Tier Points possibly? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 6:20 pm

Ok, no mods. Sounds good. Wouldn't be too hard to keep a record of people (as long as it doesn't get too ridiculous, at first it will because people will be claiming their points).

I kind of forget how the points were like. I remember like some songs have 7 things to do. Now what's fuzzy is the point vaules.

IE:

1. Little God Channel (7)
- AAA (7 points)
- BF (6 Points)
- SDG (5 Points)
- Teens of Goods (4 Points)
- XXXXXX Points (3 Points)
- XXXXXX Points (2 Points)
- FC (1 Point)

Right? Or were they all just one point each? Little Sketchy. That's like the premise of how it's structured (though, you could go more in depth with certain point values)
Back to top Go down
Niala
Simfile Author
Niala

PostSubject: Re: Tier Points possibly?   Tier Points possibly? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 6:44 pm

I like the idea, but I doubt I could be helpful in setting it up.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: Tier Points possibly?   Tier Points possibly? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 6:59 pm

~Z~ wrote:
Ok, no mods. Sounds good. Wouldn't be too hard to keep a record of people (as long as it doesn't get too ridiculous, at first it will because people will be claiming their points).

I kind of forget how the points were like. I remember like some songs have 7 things to do. Now what's fuzzy is the point vaules.

IE:

1. Little God Channel (7)
- AAA (7 points)
- BF (6 Points)
- SDG (5 Points)
- Teens of Goods (4 Points)
- XXXXXX Points (3 Points)
- XXXXXX Points (2 Points)
- FC (1 Point)

Right? Or were they all just one point each? Little Sketchy. That's like the premise of how it's structured (though, you could go more in depth with certain point values)

Each song had a maximum point value completely based off of their difficulty. The higher the song difficulty, the more points it had to offer. However, the issue with this was that it went based off of total scoring, and not raw scoring. So, we're no longer taking that into effect. I'll figure out how to handle the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tier Points possibly?   Tier Points possibly? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tier Points possibly?
Page 1 of 1