Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)

Go down 
+4
Bob bob(Dan)
Plan_B
Scintill
Halogen-
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Halogen-

Halogen-

Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Empty
PostSubject: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) [Standard]   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 5:16 am

Discuss/post scores for Shy Guy Toybox (Twisted Remix) [Standard] here.

Scores

Last edited by Halogen- on September 4th 2010, 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scintill
Simfile Author
Scintill

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 10:15 am

Hmm... yeah... all I can say is where are the 24ths? Not necessarily trills, but 24th rolls would fit it a lot more, same for the drum rolls.
Back to top Go down
Plan_B
Simfile Author
Plan_B

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 12:19 pm

Scintill wrote:
Hmm... yeah... all I can say is where are the 24ths? Not necessarily trills, but 24th rolls would fit it a lot more, same for the drum rolls.

Basically this. Other then that I guess it isnt that bad, need to listen to the song by itself to find out what the 64th notes are going to or if you just threw them in to mix up the file a bit in that area.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 12:35 pm

basically again what plan/scin said, although i feel you missed out some 64ths, you missed out some notes that were not 24ths, and it feels like it was a bit rushed :S
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 3:42 pm

Understepping a file doesn't make it bad, guys.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 3:45 pm

Doesn't make it feel right though, and it takes some of the fun out of what it could of been.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 4:00 pm

Judging people because they deliberately understepped a file isn't right. That would be like me telling you that Fast Asleep wasn't fun because it was missing a lot of components which would make it harder. And it is - but it does really well for the difficulty that it's stepped at. While the song is clearly 24th snare rolls, it also clearly shoots the difficulty past where she was probably shooting for.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 4:07 pm

mhm
I guess your right.
Back to top Go down
Scintill
Simfile Author
Scintill

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 4:20 pm

Not entirely true, you're saying that understepping isn't bad when it comes to difficulty, which is true. But when you're understepping and you can clearly hear you're missing stuff while playing it, there's where it's irky.
Fast Asleep is "understepped" as you say, because it could be stepped more difficult, but when you're playing it you don't immediatly think "oh this file is just empty and missing a lot of notes that should've been there" apart from a few that is.
Here it's kind of ruining the flow, but that's just my opinion, if you want to step something easy with lots of 16ths, find a song that has lots of 16ths!
Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author
ichliebekase

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 7:51 pm

I didn't necessarily "understep it" when I was shooting for an easier file. Also, the snares could have had 32nds but I didn't want the difficulty to shoot high, just as AJ said. (He basically said it all for me XD)
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 8:11 pm

Scintill wrote:
if you want to step something easy with lots of 16ths, find a song that has lots of 16ths!

So you guys are saying the song choice should be limited for easier files? That's not fair to newer players. She stepped it the difficulty she wanted it to be if someone wants to make a heavy chart for it do it we're not against having multiple difficulties for things here. I hate hate hated on ffr all the songs I loved but couldn't play because I wasn't a strong enough player. Hell there's still some I can't like kidney stone. I really enjoy the song but the chart is too much for me.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonsfury.forumotion.net
Plan_B
Simfile Author
Plan_B

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 8:21 pm

Well the main issue is not the fact that she just wanted to make a easier file, nothing wrong with that, its the issue that this song is hard to make easier with it still making sense in a way. Like when you are playing 16th's on parts that should be like 24th rolls or something quicker, it feels all messed up and you dont understand what they were trying to do. Just saying like with a song like this, it needs to be stepped with the music. Not all files are meant to have an easy version to it. =\
Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author
ichliebekase

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 8:42 pm

There are a whole bunch of songs that shouldn't have hard files when they really could/should be easy, and there are a bunch of songs that shouldn't have easy files when they could/should be hard. It all depends on the stepper's choice of how they wanted to step the song and/or how they heard the song. I agree with Kayla in saying if you guys think you could do better or you think you could step the song harder, then do it! There isn't anything stopping you guys. You're all capable of making a heavy chart. I don't have a problem with it. I just liked the song and I stepped it how I wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2010, 9:25 pm

Plan_B wrote:
Well the main issue is not the fact that she just wanted to make a easier file, nothing wrong with that, its the issue that this song is hard to make easier with it still making sense in a way. Like when you are playing 16th's on parts that should be like 24th rolls or something quicker, it feels all messed up and you dont understand what they were trying to do. Just saying like with a song like this, it needs to be stepped with the music. Not all files are meant to have an easy version to it. =\

-any- song can have an easier version. People getting upset about the fact that the chart is syncopated to 16ths really need to stop getting upset. There's lots of FFR charts that have added stuff where there shouldn't be, just as there are charts that don't have things where they should be. The file actually has detail where it should and it lightens up when the details either a.) don't matter, or b.) make the difficulty too high. The file is acceptable, it's in game, and (since the stepartist even ACKNOWLEDGED that it was intentionally lightened in difficulty) the errors within the chart itself aren't even being brought up.

All files -can- have an easier version, and saying that they aren't meant to have one is completely opinionated.
Back to top Go down
Scintill
Simfile Author
Scintill

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 9:03 am

Well ofcourse it's opiniated, it's a review, it's what you thought of the file, and if you happen to have a different opinion, then post your own review, but don't scold ours.
Back to top Go down
Niala
Simfile Author
Niala

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 10:53 am

I'm fine with how you lightened the difficulty. The sounds were clearly 24ths, but you started and ended the 16ths at the correct time, so I don't see a huge problem with it, I'm not here to "Kory" judge files... >_O Anyway, The PR in this song was well done, but I think you need to have layered more, maybe the snare drums or something, as it still felt empty even considering it was made to be easier. I listened hard for the 64ths and I think I heard where you got them from, but they sounded more like 32nds or 48ths, even. Plus, there were times that the 64ths were used and the piano didn't play them, so be careful of that. So, a couple small errors, but all in all not bad. 7/10
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 3:42 pm

Scintill wrote:
Well ofcourse it's opiniated, it's a review, it's what you thought of the file, and if you happen to have a different opinion, then post your own review, but don't scold ours.

You guys aren't picking up any points aside from the fact that the chart is intentionally easier than it should be. Why not make a review like Niala just did?

Niala wrote:
I'm fine with how you lightened the difficulty. The sounds were clearly 24ths, but you started and ended the 16ths at the correct time, so I don't see a huge problem with it, I'm not here to "Kory" judge files... >_O Anyway, The PR in this song was well done, but I think you need to have layered more, maybe the snare drums or something, as it still felt empty even considering it was made to be easier. I listened hard for the 64ths and I think I heard where you got them from, but they sounded more like 32nds or 48ths, even. Plus, there were times that the 64ths were used and the piano didn't play them, so be careful of that. So, a couple small errors, but all in all not bad. 7/10

Kory should never be a judge. He lucked out with his subjectivemanias pack and really didn't deserve to. I don't even know why he's a LC anyway.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 4:12 pm

Free Space. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Plan_B
Simfile Author
Plan_B

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2010, 4:29 pm

ok, your right, no point in fighting over something because they obviously put it in for their reasons, so there is no point in trying to argue this, they win no matter what. It is a discussion thread about files, we stated what we thought and thats that. Imo I dont think you are understanding what we were trying to say that sure its fine to make it easier file, but what is being done is you put in a lower rate note in that same pattern form that notes like 24th's or 32nds should be and it makes the file seem weird. Its ok to have a file that is easier then it should be, but it should still make some sense and not have that feeling like it needs to be stepped the way it should be which is a tad harder. Whatever, we have our sides concerning the file, you guys have yours. Yours tend to matter more obviously since the file made it in the game and that your call, its your game you choose the files you believe should get in, so thats it, no need to state opinions on files anymore since I guess if someone has a little negativity on it all hell seems to break loose.
Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author
ichliebekase

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 1:40 pm

This took me wayyyy too long to get >.> Seriously over 50 tries. And the goods never came on the streams. Always on just 8th notes.

Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Shy_gu10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)   Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shyguy Toybox (Twisted Remix)
Page 1 of 1