HomePortalRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Share | 

What do you think about this

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saphira

PostSubject: What do you think about this   August 20th 2010, 7:51 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100820/el_yblog_upshot/shareholders-weigh-in-on-target-and-best-buys-political-giving

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this   August 20th 2010, 8:39 pm

Bullshit. That's what I think. Have you read the comments below? This "Anti-Gay" thing is really starting to piss me off. I mean, in the one comment that said these franchises shouldn't donate to political parties is absolutely ridiculous. If the stores franchise chose to make this decision then why is it so bad? It was THEIR idea not anyone elses. And when it comes to the shareholders .... haha thats what I have to say.

Really all in all I find it really outrageous this thing got this much exposure when its something that is petty and minor.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this   August 20th 2010, 9:03 pm

But their point is a company shouldn't be backing a candidate giving them a better advantage over another candidate when Target is a corporate company not the voice of the people. And it does spark even more controversy that Target decided to back an anti-gay candidate. The government shouldn't be ruling how people live their lifestyles as long as they aren't harming anyone.

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this   August 20th 2010, 10:10 pm

It took me a little bit to understand what was going on - the article isn't written very clearly.

Any political contribution comes sort of fallout; these people involved with making a donation to some campaign are one of the two sides that people are supporting with. Animal testing would have the same sort of fallout if some sort of major corporation involving the selling of cosmetics or beauty products were to support a pro-animal testing candidate.

With that being said, most political contributions come from societies, corporations, and/or groups of people that have an indifference towards the beliefs of their candidate. The reason why the anti-gay topic is so touchy is because it's extremely invasive. It's affecting how people want to live their lifestyles, and I'm going to agree with Kayla here - the government has absolutely no right to control how people want to live. If they feel like being involved with the same sex, no one has a right to control that other than themselves (it could be considered a violation of their unenumerated rights).

EDIT: Before anyone chimes in about this - I'll elaborate a bit more. It's a partial violation of the 9th amendment (unenumerated rights) because it's a partial violation of gays' privacy. The moment they disclose that they are a same-sex couple, states will reject them. Now, people can go chime in about the fact that marriage is a religious ceremony, but let's cut the crap. Marriage is a lifelong commitment to something, not a oath to God. The fact that people are considering it a religious ceremony means that religion is coinciding with the government (rejection of same-sex marriages as if it was a sacrilegious crime, come the fuck on) - which is completely removing the right of free exercise to a religion (1st amendment).

Either way you look at it, the gays are losing their rights explicitly listed in the constitution.

じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Back to top Go down
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this   August 20th 2010, 11:21 pm

Kayla, what you said is absolutely true. You know, as well as most others, I am for Gay. I believe people may do as they please without any interference when it comes to that portion of their life. I mean look, even Beastiality is even being admitted "allowable" in some states >.> It may be disgusting, but, hey, to them it's natural.

I do understand that backing something may not be correct for a company especially when its political. That is something I don't condone, but don't mind. It's their company. As long as there was an unanimous decision about it, it's their business is it not? Everyone has their beliefs. Even executives in businesses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this   

Back to top Go down

What do you think about this
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Talk :: Critical Thinking-
Jump to: