Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?

Go down 
+29
Vanyr
Rushy
m3t4kn1ght
DarkChrysalis
ORMIX
soxowner32
Brikins
Zestorax
8 Hour Whore
Niala
Lukestepwalker
T-Forc3
kmay
tomatoshadow
samurai7694
ƒoxƒire667
Bob bob(Dan)
carebear4
wc
Plan_B
Xyronic (Alex)
XxShortboyownzxX
~Zeta~
Scintill
ichliebekase
FN2000x
iironiic
alloyus
Sweagen
33 posters

Do you show off your FFR SKILZ??
Yes, I show them off whenever I can. People can't get enough of me and my skilz.
Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Vote_lcap27%Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 8 ]
Yes, very occasionally... I have better things to do than FFR, like practice my real life skilz
Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Vote_lcap53%Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Vote_rcap
 53% [ 16 ]
No, I am shy and worried people will dislike me if I know I'm better than them, because I have more skilz.
Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Vote_lcap10%Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
No, my skilz are not yet ready to be shown to the world.
Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Vote_lcap10%Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sweagen

Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 1:00 pm

Cool

When most people see someone who is good playing FFR, DDR, or Stepmania, their sights will likely be drawn to it immediately and their eyes may glaze over at the sheer amount of arrows and timing, even if they person isn't that good... Razz

I know I have showed off to others Surprised ... in school if you play FFR at lunch, people gather around your computer to watch and call you some sort of Asian god or something. rabbit When I showed it to my friends, they didn't grasp that it would be so difficult, but understood when I started trying to teach them and they all ended up failing out on VD songs... so FFR takes quite a bit of practice to become any good at. silent

So I ask you today, does anyone of us arrow mashers ever show off our FFR skilz to the world? ( I'm not very good but I'm good enough to show off to people who have never seen FFR alien ) You have to show other people sometime... arrow mashing is too good to keep to yourself! tongue
Back to top Go down
alloyus

alloyus

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 1:07 pm

The only people who have seen me play are close friends or (recently) parents of close friends. For DDR however, it's a public arcade I go to to play >.> So pretty much anyone that has gone there when I was playing has seen unless they weren't paying attention Razz
Back to top Go down
iironiic
Simfile Author
iironiic

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 1:12 pm

I only play in front of my close friends and my parents. I would also play in my college room when I need a "mental" break from school, and my roommate and his friends would look at me and go... holy shitt... But I only play to get better at it, not to show off to my friends and family. Besides, it gets old after someone watches you for a good 15 minutes lol.
Back to top Go down
FN2000x

FN2000x

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 1:13 pm

I play in VC sometimes, just for fun, and to compete against others in VC but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author
ichliebekase

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 1:19 pm

In class, I'd pull FFR up and my friends would watch. Then they'd spread the word throughout the class and say "watch this watch this!" Even my teachers would watch and say I'm psychotic XD I'd play CIA Rave mainly just to say "yea this shit is hard and I can play it" x]
Back to top Go down
Scintill
Simfile Author
Scintill

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 1:33 pm

I showed my skills twice at school, the first time wasn't on purpose, people just stood around me and watched me play in awe, the second time was when the game became a smallscale hype and the people who weren't watching the first time challenged me, that was a wtfmoment for them. I was at the point of just FCing FMOs.
Nowadays I don't even get a chance, my school doesn't have computers
Back to top Go down
~Zeta~
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 2:08 pm

I have shown my skill twice to people other than my family. Once in school as a science project on muscle memory (played Perfect Cherry Storm, Reality, AAA, Frictional Nevada, both FMO BB's, and October [all FC'd]) and on youtube (Blue Army Vid, old now). No one at my school plays FFR so, it was new to them and they were in awe. I even let them try to play and they filed on Excite bike with the arrow keys Razz
Back to top Go down
XxShortboyownzxX

XxShortboyownzxX

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 2:35 pm

Sweagan can you put....."Yes i have uber skillz to show but FUCK I HATE THIS LAGGY COMPUTER Smile." Im pretty sure many will agree to this addition.
Back to top Go down
Xyronic (Alex)

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 2:38 pm

Pretty much what everyone else said...

Random times I bring up FFR or SM at school, random little crowd comes around me followed by the wtf's and shit. Then I get shy, close out, and do something else. Friends think im crazy, parents call it wasted talent, idk. I do have a rate vid of Hand of Time on Youtube back when I thought I was good. (Better Now)
Back to top Go down
Plan_B
Simfile Author
Plan_B

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 2:50 pm

I have really only played in front of 1 of my friends and he is 50-50 on the whole thing, and my family knows I play but they hate it, so for me its mainly a hobby I keep to myself. lol.
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author
wc

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 3:23 pm

when ever i go down on a girl she experiences my ffr skills Cool
Back to top Go down
carebear4

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 3:25 pm

Of course I do Very Happy

Occasionally played in high school, I could FC VC songs pretty consistently at that time so people were pretty amazed. Most people there knew about guitar hero and knew some people who could pass stuff like ttfaf, but the stuff I was playing (4 chord touhou is good to show off lol) people thought was so much harder.

In college now, I usually just play in my room or with my friends sometimes in the lounge, so my roommate goes "holyyy shit check this out!!!" and my friends think I'm obsessed with this game. People sometimes stop and comment Smile

When I play by myself (or with my buddy who is a fellow ffr/sm player), I usually play SM though. I find it more difficult, and has some other cool options for playing songs, but it's not as visually impressive as FFR, so I don't use SM to show off. [left]
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 3:42 pm

Mhm, i havent really shown anyone my ffr skillz (partly because i can't access it from school)
I may show them stepmania skillz though, soon
Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author
ichliebekase

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 3:48 pm

I had to use the mirror sites back when FFR was up because they blocked A LOT of them.
Back to top Go down
Sweagen

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 4:19 pm

Same with the mirrors... but lightdarkness ffr seems to get through all filters Smile
Back to top Go down
ichliebekase
Simfile Author
ichliebekase

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 4:29 pm

Didn't get through the ones at my old school. It pissed me off so bad XP
Back to top Go down
ƒoxƒire667

ƒoxƒire667

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 5:20 pm

I don't show off...but people find me. If I ever have any down time in school I usually bring up the window and play a few simple songs like "pure in Asia" or "horizon" so I don't disturb people, but then they just gather 'round the computer and watch in amazement as I play songs, which to them must look like Chuck Norris on steroids apparently. I'm in a technical school, so when I was in shop one time I decided to play for like 5 minutes to pass some time, and there is pretty much my entire shop class hovering right over my computer like "HOW DO YOU PLAZ SUCH HARD SONGS?" I don't mind though, it's always fun watching people marvel at what I wouldn't even consider worth my time when playing at home.

I don't know what it is about games like DDR, FFR, GH, etc...but apparently people can't comprehend that the human body can respond to things like that quite well when you play occasionally. I mean, when's the last time you saw a group of people jaw drop when someone got a Killtacular in Halo MLG, or to a 10th prestige in CoD? I know I still haven't yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.killercameraproductions.com
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author
Bob bob(Dan)

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 5:22 pm

If i actually tried to play, id probably get yelled at for hitting the keyboard too hard Razz
Back to top Go down
samurai7694
Simfile Author
samurai7694

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 6:44 pm

yup, I played in public several times. always played hard files and never had a negative remark. Razz
Back to top Go down
tomatoshadow

tomatoshadow

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 9:55 pm

People see me, think I'm a loser and do nothing good of my time. It goes like :

OMG IT'S AMAZING, YOU MUST DO NOTHING ELSE OF YOUR LIFE TO BE THAT GOOD, GOD SUCH A WASTE OF TIME.

Mixed feelings ensue.
Back to top Go down
kmay

kmay

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 11:11 pm

i showed off a lot in my flash class. its where i got some good scores in teh first custom tourney
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 2:54 am

I have a few times at school, but that wasn't planned. People would just watch and stare. Pretty fun.
I've also shown it off to a couple friends and they're meh about it.
Back to top Go down
http://theforceofsound.blogspot.com/
Lukestepwalker

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 12:51 pm

when good people do something others cant bs starts calling +_+
Back to top Go down
Niala
Simfile Author
Niala

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 2:43 pm

I bring my laptop with me basically everywhere, and if I get bored of the people around me, I usually just open up SM. My friends and I are huge geeks and host LAN parties, too, so I play there for them. I remember the first time we had a LAN, and my friend, told everybody how good he was at the game (he was just starting to pass 9's at the time). I told him I "dabbled," and he was like "Fine, then, play this!" He picks Strangeprogram, and I, being an indexer at the time, get a 14 good FC, at which point he proceeded to blankly stare at me in awe, and ask me for tips on how to get better. Pretty ausum day.
Back to top Go down
8 Hour Whore

8 Hour Whore

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2010, 11:21 am

I showed off my one handed skill in VC and I played in VC..
Thats about all I did for showing off..
Only one of my friends ever saw me play and he then started playing. He'd try to get me to play in front of people but I never wanted to get negative remarks.
Back to top Go down
Zestorax

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2010, 5:39 am

ƒoxƒire667 wrote:
I don't show off...but people find me. If I ever have any down time in school I usually bring up the window and play a few simple songs like "pure in Asia" or "horizon" so I don't disturb people, but then they just gather 'round the computer and watch in amazement as I play songs, which to them must look like Chuck Norris on steroids apparently. I'm in a technical school, so when I was in shop one time I decided to play for like 5 minutes to pass some time, and there is pretty much my entire shop class hovering right over my computer like "HOW DO YOU PLAZ SUCH HARD SONGS?" I don't mind though, it's always fun watching people marvel at what I wouldn't even consider worth my time when playing at home.

I don't know what it is about games like DDR, FFR, GH, etc...but apparently people can't comprehend that the human body can respond to things like that quite well when you play occasionally. I mean, when's the last time you saw a group of people jaw drop when someone got a Killtacular in Halo MLG, or to a 10th prestige in CoD? I know I still haven't yet.

Nice to see you on the site rather than just youtube Razz

ON topic, i played at a mall once and had like 50 people watch me, mind you this was back when i had only just realised i can AAA a FMO, was my 15 mins of fame afro
Back to top Go down
Brikins

Brikins

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 3:48 am

tbh I've tried to at school but no one cared cept my two friends that were sitting beside me. V.V; Ah well.
Back to top Go down
soxowner32

soxowner32

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 4:22 am

Lol. At my old school, I was in my computer class and we were supposed to be messing around with Word, I think, and I'd finished the assignment so I decided to get on the site and play FFR (mind you, this was back when I could barely play 8's), and played some and all the people in the class ended up watching me, and even the teacher did too. I actually got extra credit for it, for some reason... It was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TiffannyD
ORMIX

ORMIX

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 6:05 pm

Ive played a few times at school once. I got 2 cbs on disregard .9 rate and everyone was like o_o and I was like meh, its not even full speed lol
Back to top Go down
DarkChrysalis

DarkChrysalis

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2010, 5:04 am

I never try to blatantly "show off" my skills at FFR, but if people are there around me im not going to just stop playing, nor will I care if they watch me or ask me questions or hey can you do anything harder?

Slightly off topic but not really, my ITG skills get me noticed a lot at the arcade I work. The only thing I hate is when people who THINK they're good because they totally passed that Max300 bro either say I must've memorized the patterns because I use 4x-6x speedmods for 99% of the songs, or that using the bar doesnt make it legit. To the nobar comments, I'll usually just stop whatever I'm playing, go over to the DDR pad next to ITG and ask one of them to play me in DDR with nobar, where I proceed to crush any preconceived notions of how much better they are than me.

That isnt to say I'm ridiculous either. I'm really, REALLY good, but competetive wise? My scores arent even close. With that being said, I never make it a point to put down someone worse than me, because I know the hard work that needs to be put in to get at my current skill, and weren't we all bad at one point? However, trying to undermine MY efforts, MY 6 years of sweat, cramps, and endless failing of songs just beyond my reach to get where I am JUST by saying bar/speedmods doesnt make it count? When I can pass songs you stand no chance at, even on keyboard?

SERIOUSLY, this one guy saw I had Uber Rave on my USB and asked me why I had to show off by putting on songs that I cant pass. He automatically assumed that, because he cant do well on the song (to the point of basically failing) on SM that I stood no chance. Well lets just say he didnt give a fuck about me using the bar or not on that song XD. He ended up apologizing when I passed it so its all good.

Oops off topic... Most people are impressed by the fact that a human can actually pass something that seems so unreal to them. And thats the real reason I like to show off people. It gives some joy, mystery, amazement. Maybe seeing someonetackle such an immense undertaking gives the confidence tp reach their own goals for that day. Or maybe people like watching inhuman machines destroy buttons on various objects to cool songs. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
m3t4kn1ght

m3t4kn1ght

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2010, 6:24 am

Lol im not that good at it i can barely fc CIA rave but when i did in school ppl started watching and saying wtf how can you see these arrows (felt little proud) and from then on i only did it once
Back to top Go down
Rushy

Rushy

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2010, 5:03 pm

Got like 30 on Vertex BETA at school one time and I had a crowd. I don't like attention, so I never did it again Wink

-ignore this post please, I don't like attention- kkthxbai.
Back to top Go down
Vanyr

Vanyr

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 2:52 am

In media class I used to play one girl when I finished all my work. She played to not do any work. Lol.
But I've also played in Best Buy's, Apple Stores and Future Shops to test keyboards to see if I liked the setup. xD
Back to top Go down
MetalAtlas

MetalAtlas

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 12:10 pm

lol to be honest, have you ever watched someone else play? Even when I watch I'm like: How the hell can you even see those notes? and then I play and I'm like ohhhhh. I guess when you watch you're seeing every note on screen, when you play you're seeing each individual note, so it's not as bad.
Back to top Go down
http://thisthatanotherthing.forumotion.com
Vanyr

Vanyr

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2010, 1:23 am

Lol I lived with Sky Kitten and Prongsie. Of course I saw other people playing all the time. xD
Though it was really annoying for me because watching them play I was "oh I see the pattern..." then when I actually played the song my eyes were "FUUUUUU *jumbles arrows together*" made me sad. ;__;
Back to top Go down
MetalAtlas

MetalAtlas

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2010, 2:08 am

lol i was always the opposite, ya know until you get into d5 stuff then its like wow im better off just flailing
Back to top Go down
http://thisthatanotherthing.forumotion.com
typing like wat

typing like wat

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 12:24 pm

was playing in the library a couple of weeks ago and last semeser my most recent response was "damn black people and their rhythm games" xD /impressed

Last edited by typing like wat on November 1st 2011, 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tasselfoot.com/forum/member.php?104-typing-like-wat
xXAll-ProXx

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 7:26 am

lmfao, sometimes I just play death piano or some other insanely difficult song to make my friends freak out.

last year my teacher gave us a 15 min break in class, so I pulled out my laptop and started playing FFR, teacher comes around and goes like "holy crap! Come after school ....and teach me how to that".
EDIT:
MetalAtlas wrote:
lol to be honest, have you ever watched someone else play? Even when I watch I'm like: How the hell can you even see those notes? and then I play and I'm like ohhhhh. I guess when you watch you're seeing every note on screen, when you play you're seeing each individual note, so it's not as bad.

I still say that when I watch Dossar/TC Halogen's or other D7er's replays lol

Epic first post eh.

Back to top Go down
xBBx Takedown

xBBx Takedown

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 12:33 am

Sadly, where I live, no one plays so everyone is amazed lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?   Do you ever show off your FFR skilz? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you ever show off your FFR skilz?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rhythm Games :: FFR General talk-
Jump to: