Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Why do people get other people's hopes up?

Go down 
+10
Rushy
Shadow Dancer
T-Forc3
awein999
Scintill
wc
_{TrickyDisco}_
Saphira
~Zeta~
GG_Guru
14 posters
AuthorMessage
GG_Guru

GG_Guru

Why do people get other people's hopes up? Empty
PostSubject: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 2:45 pm

It's not fair, they said FFR was coming back up on the 18th and we waited patiently for the past three days. I was anxious to see some of my old FFR colleagues again and just have fun competing like we used to back in the days, so why would they do something like that? I don't get it..

As of this point I am actually considering Dragon's Fury to be the new FFR. Really nice site they got here. Smile
Back to top Go down
~Zeta~
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 3:23 pm

Well, the dates were not set dates. They were guesses when FFR would be ready. Synth having a day job REALLY bars set dates of when it's going to be finished recovering. Those message on release dates were saying, "Hey, I'm working on it."
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 3:38 pm

Lol Dragons fury pretty much has become the new ffr. Most of the active community is here and we hold tourney and stuff. Hopefully we're keeping you all occupied enough till ffr does finally make its return
Back to top Go down
https://dragonsfury.forumotion.net
_{TrickyDisco}_

_{TrickyDisco}_

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 5:25 pm

Yes but they shouldnt announce a date if theyre not 100% sure it will be back up that day, all it does is gets people hopes up and just ends up pissing people off, we all know they're working on it so theres no need to keep throwing dates out there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/chargerfanCD94
wc
Simfile Author
wc

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 5:30 pm

saphira wrote:
Lol Dragons fury pretty much has become the new ffr. Most of the active community is here and we hold tourney and stuff. Hopefully we're keeping you all occupied enough till ffr does finally make its return

DF holds far from most of the active community lol
Back to top Go down
Scintill
Simfile Author
Scintill

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 5:40 pm

keybeat is more active, although it's not ffr community
Back to top Go down
GG_Guru

GG_Guru

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 7:40 pm

Yeah I'm starting to become more attached to Dragons Fury now it used to be "come in and check every once a while to see how things are doing" but the community here is much better than I've seen in KBO, or any other FFR related forum for that matter.

And the people are just so damn nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 7:43 pm

Yea it's not too bad here. People get into arguments from time to time but it's nothing like FFR was before it went down
Back to top Go down
awein999

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2010, 2:39 am

it is wrong to say ffr is coming back on a certain date or to say "the cake is no lie" or "check back very soon" if you are not 100% certain this is the truth. It has been a half a year of saying it will come back soon. Just because it's a free flash game doesn't make it morally right, I'm personally just getting myself less emotionally attached to the game and if it comes back it comes back. I don't think this is good for keeping people to the game.
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2010, 3:28 am

Also, you must blame yourself for getting your hopes up in the first place.

No getting up of hopes = no letting down.
Back to top Go down
http://theforceofsound.blogspot.com/
wc
Simfile Author
wc

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2010, 5:13 am

no reason to try if theres at least a litte bit of doubt then? c'mon man stop being so negative
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dancer

Shadow Dancer

Location : the edge of the curse of reason and the blessing of insanity

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 6:32 am

I was awfully surprised lol i left back in august of last year for military training and i just got back the begining of june it took about a month before things got settled down enough that i went back to look for the game today and i found this huge mess of its here no its there nope it dont exist lol XD i must admit its quite frusterating but i was a beginner and not as active b4 i left do to school so it affects me less than most i suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.world-weary-angel.deviantart.com
_{TrickyDisco}_

_{TrickyDisco}_

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 7:25 am

Damn you missed out on a lot hahah
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dancer

Shadow Dancer

Location : the edge of the curse of reason and the blessing of insanity

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 7:50 am

i know i went to the old address i was WTF a picture?! someone replaced the site with a screenshot? then i thought i had typed the web adress wrong and searched like 5 different combinations shot god only knows where on the internet finally i just typed what the hell happened to ffr and it brought me to the site that etc etc until i landed here it was actually kinda fun XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.world-weary-angel.deviantart.com
_{TrickyDisco}_

_{TrickyDisco}_

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 4:06 pm

You came to the right place haha. The SS is a teaser to show us that it was up for him I guess, I dont like it to be honest. It just makes me angry.
Back to top Go down
~Zeta~
~Zeta~

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 5:17 pm

A teaser? It's not a teaser. It shows that there's progress. He didn't tease anybody with the screen shot. It would be a tease if he was playing on it, making posts, having select people on it, saying like hey look at what I have or something around there.
Back to top Go down
Rushy

Rushy

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 4:11 am

awein999 wrote:
free flash game

I paid for a 3 month subby 2 days after JasonKey quit. Can I get a refund? Suspect

Oh wait, it's just a free flash game, nobody should give a shit. This is what happens when there's one person running the show.
Thousands of people have to work around that one person's schedule (which really sucks when that one person is Synthlight:
International man of Mystery). If there's anything that's "not right" it's the administration
of the site. There were few admins who were all qualified in only specific areas, it seems like when an admin quit, we were always
left with an unresolved problem (for instance, when Xelius left after fixing av-misses [god bless his soul], the av-misses in replays
never got fixed, when JasonKey left, hundreds of paying users were left in the dark about why they weren't getting their subscriptions,
and the coup de gras, Tasselfoot leaves, causing the ever-so-delicate structure that is FFR to topple down in a domino effect, eventually
leading to several others leaving.

FFR coming back is just rebuilding what was broken and done incorrectly the first time. Hopefully we can actually LEARN from the mistakes
made (assuming FFR is ever coming back), and hire a more qualified administrative staff to cover more areas instead of a select few to
handle minute areas which are bound to collapse if the governing admin should choose to quit.

P.S. Sorry that this post is so long silent
Back to top Go down
Enerxy

Enerxy

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2010, 12:07 pm

Is there room for homosexuals here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org/
Superfreak

Superfreak

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2010, 1:26 pm

If you paid for something based on a flash game, you're kind of fucked up in the head in my opinion lol. It's just like buying NX items for Maple Story, wow.
Back to top Go down
MetalAtlas

MetalAtlas

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2010, 1:55 pm

its like buying dlc for your xbox. Their were things that were exclusive to subbies only. Some very nice perks that made things like running tourneys wayyy easier. It was about enhancing the overall experience and it did that. just like dlc.
Back to top Go down
http://thisthatanotherthing.forumotion.com
Superfreak

Superfreak

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2010, 5:45 pm

For tournies? The only upside is a preview of songs , and being able to see your opponents score. Big deal, when i play tournaments I always go for a AAA or at least an SDG. If people are getting crazy bad scores, they need to play more and not worry about there opponents. And if they get eliminated, big deal.
Back to top Go down
MetalAtlas

MetalAtlas

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2010, 6:16 pm

i meant for like placing people. One of the perks was the ability to see how an opponent placed on any song. Gives a good idea of how good they are and for other people it gives an idea of where you may need to improve your skills if your opponent happens to be better at streams or trills etc. YOu're right tho, you don't need to buy a subbie. So if you didn't want one you didn't buy one.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2010, 6:18 pm

I liked having my subby on FFR I didn't mind paying the 3.50 a month. It's not like it was ridiculously expensive or anything :p
Back to top Go down
MetalAtlas

MetalAtlas

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2010, 6:20 pm

unless you got like the year subbie lol
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2010, 8:26 pm

Actually, if I remember correctly, buying a year-long sub was cheaper than buying 12 1-months.

1-month: $3.50

3.50*12 = 42

Year-long: approx. $40.

So it may not be much, but it's still a couple bucks. XD
Back to top Go down
prongsie

prongsie

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2010, 10:29 pm

Wasn't the year long like $35?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/monicatrela
Superfreak

Superfreak

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2010, 2:57 am

Ya'll is crazyyyy.
Back to top Go down
T-Forc3
Simfile Author
T-Forc3

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2010, 6:44 am

Why is this thread even alive?

And, thanks Monica. It probably is. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do people get other people's hopes up?   Why do people get other people's hopes up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do people get other people's hopes up?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rhythm Games :: FFR General talk-
Jump to: