HomePortalRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Share | 

wc's review thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wc
Simfile Author

PostSubject: wc's review thread   June 19th 2010, 11:16 pm

I've decided to contribute to this here community the only way i know how JUDGING YOUR FILES~

this is how this will go down. just send your files here drtran.reviews@gmail.com and i'll go ahead and break it down for you.
feel free to send any file you have finished and would like to be reviewed. be it for an sm pack, ffr(if it comes back), thirdstyle(lol), or for the custom on this here site. i probably have a bad rep for being a huge dick but trust me, when it comes to files im fairly straight forward and easy on the insults. ask pretty much anyone who ive reviewed files for

Halogen- wrote:
yeah tat wc dude gives good reviews 11/5

DarkChrysalis wrote:
I agree with halogen up there fucking A+ 10/10

scintill wrote:
wc reviews: everything is rejected! what am i doing talking about files with wc ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

as you can see i have a pretty good record when it comes to reviews so dont be afraid to send ya files.

last updated 6/19/2010
FILES AWAITING REVIEW

REVIEWED FILES
0: 11ELEVEN
Honey Cookie
Noizirin

Bluearrowll:
Bad Apple Piano !!

bob bob:
Fantasy Impromptu
So Deep(Original Mix)
Turbo

Dark_Chrysalis:
Final Destination

tomatoshadow:
Secret Zombie Room

rushyrulz:
In A Trance Redux

~z~:
KERO KERO 200

WokeR:
Through The Martian Hell

Last edited by Registered User on June 20th 2010, 1:18 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 19th 2010, 11:17 pm

REVIEWS

11ELEVEN: first off your gap is off it should be -2.48. personally the file isnt too bad you
just need to no change your mind so much when stepping. it feels like you forget what you're
following at times so you just start layering other things. switching back and forth between
the sounds you layer. keep it more consistant and i would lightly accept it to the engine.

honey cookie: few things wrong with this file but nothing else. repetative, huge difficulty
gaps with no progression/climax it just sorta happens, and the hard parts are pretty lol.
tone down the jacks and make the file less repetative by varying up the patterns some every
time it repeats or you could step a remix of the song

noizirin: really like the song so i hope you fix it up.first thing is wrong bpm. again the
repetitive issue. just because the song repeats doesnt mean the pattern has to. vary it up
some and the overall chart quality will improve tonssssssss. cant say much else until the bpm
problem is fixed

bad apple piano !!: alright really only have a problem with insane inconsistency issues. when
it comes to pianer files especially consistency is key. also you have tons and tons of ghost
notes. i suggest playing it over on rate .6-.7 without assist tick and just look at the file.
you'll see which notes actually go to something and which ones dont. also you shouldnt be
afraid to layer the melodies with the backing meodies. but dont over do it like you did in
the beginning with the hands/quads fuckfest. try keeping an overal difficulty without having
such big gaps. i know songs have their quiet sections and there climaxes but dont think of
the steps in sections but as a whole that way you avoid most difficulty gaps. this applies to
the beginning and the end of the file. middle section was ok but be sure the hands and quads
are justified. the quads in my opinion shouldve been hands and the hands jumps. also turn
those mines into steps please

fantasy impromptu: i was really really hoping this would be just the piano piece and not a
remix ;_;. aside from song choice the file wasnt bad. same thing that applies to bad apple
piano !! applies to this file as well

final destination: you stepped another renard song rejected

seriously

aside from song choice i wouldve preferred you layered the drums along with the melody in the
section starting at 48.4(top right corner in sm). overall a pretty meh file because of the
repetitive song. last but not least the ending needs sync work

secret zombie room: pick a difficulty any one of them!

in a trance redux: ghost notes, repetative gap is slightly off but not a big deal. CRAZy BPM
CHANGE OUTTA NOWHEREEEEEEeeee. needs lots and lots of work. slow down the song a bit so you
know exactly what you're stepping. esc>song setting or whatever in sm. ower the rate to .6-.7
for best result for this song

KERO KERO 200: notes from 4.9 to 5.5 dont go to anything just letting you know. fix the gap
and the sync after the long pause in the beginning because it gets off by a good amount.
beginning looked promising then the part after the pause came and i went from Very Happy to Sad. jumps
to the melody with nothing to justify the jumps is beginner like. try to avoid doing that.
also you stopped layering ?_? layer in drums please make in interesting though. try to avoid
2-3 note jacks especially at 200 bpm and since the song difficulty all of a sudden drops its
a big no. and then you stop layering the melody but start stepping the snare roll what D:
layer in the melody with the snare roll but not the bass kick is my suggestion. again try to
avoid jacks. during the melody again i say layer in the base kick. k now you're layering the
bass kick ok kool. problem here is look at the chart. see all those 8th note jacks? yeah
thats your que to start mixing up the patterns some. at 93.6 hear that bass kick? thats a
cool flow interruption to step. dont step the melody and put 12th jumps to the bass kick. k
now 8th note jumps to who the hell knows what. in this section step sounds that make sense
and justify those jumps. i suggest sticking with the bass+melody equation. 111.52 that blue
not shouldnt be a jump but the 4th note right after should be a jump. 112.72 should be all
8th/4th note jumps for the bass kick. oh man in the end you should totally do hands to
everything and for the final note make it a quad.

so deep: re evaluate your file. make sure the jumps are justified and go to sounds obvious
enough to actually hear without replaying the file over and over again. and p-p-p-please take
out that pause ;_;

through the martian hell: fix the repetative 8th note beginning and you've got yourself a
deal.

turbo: for having jacks at 150bpm the file seems pretty empty. dont be afraid to layer in and
step more than one sound. this song can produce a pretty bad ass file.

Fantasy impromptu(v2): much better now just focus on jump usage. you go on and off with the jump sometimes you layer the bass kick sometimes you dont. some times you layer in the clap and some times you dont. but you never really have a reason to switch between the two. only thing left for the file is jump/hand/quad consistency usage.

Last edited by Registered User on June 20th 2010, 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saphira

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 19th 2010, 11:19 pm

Carlos is also gonna help us out with the rejected files that we haven't been able to give you guys reviews on.

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 19th 2010, 11:20 pm

FUCKING CARLOS MAN HE REJECTED ALL MY FILES MOTHERFU-

nah, he's actually the person I came to when it came for SM charting advice. He'll give it to you straight-forward (which may come across as blunt sometimes), but listen to him.

じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 20th 2010, 1:21 am

updated that shit
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 20th 2010, 5:08 am

Registered User wrote:

fantasy impromptu: i was really really hoping this would be just the piano piece and not a
remix ;_;. aside from song choice the file wasnt bad. same thing that applies to bad apple
piano !! applies to this file as well

Ok, although personally, i dont think theres a whole lot more i can do to it
Ill try fixing it up a bit more

EDIT: Done Edited 3 things
1. The 8th note part near the beginning-Now 16th jumpstream
2. The hands and jumps around measure 23 onwards is now also jump/handstream
3.Ending now isn't just 8th notes, just a simple 123 16th pattern to the end of the file

Not changed the middle section, because theres nothing really to change it too, and it may be a slight diffuculty drop, but your might need a break after the jump stream lol
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 20th 2010, 6:47 am

send the updated .sm so i could check it out :U

~zero~ sent me an updated .sm man nice improvement in the file bro gj job
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 20th 2010, 3:38 pm

Sent in revised version
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 20th 2010, 8:16 pm

Fantasy impromptu(revised): much better now just focus on jump usage. you go on and off with the jump sometimes you layer the bass kick sometimes you dont. some times you layer in the clap and some times you dont. but you never really have a reason to switch between the two. only thing left for the file is jump/hand/quad consistency usage.
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 21st 2010, 4:59 am

Right, ive done some final editing and i think this is good enough
Now theres only 1 quad at the end, the one around measure 52 is now a hand
Only 5 hands now in the file (2 at the beginning, one at measure 52 and 2 at the end)
Opening and The bpm section changes now have the drum beat included in the stream.
Sending now
Back to top Go down
XxShortboyownzxX

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 21st 2010, 11:40 am

scintill wrote:
wc reviews: everything is rejected! what am i doing talking about files with wc ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This = Lol
I will submit!
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 21st 2010, 12:30 pm

Sounds like you covered the last bit that needed work can't wait to play it when I get home

Gunna tear yo shit up shawty
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 22nd 2010, 11:42 am

Awaits review
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 22nd 2010, 4:08 pm

fantasy impromptu v3: fun file and a huge tons load black cock better than the original. some really minor things still irk me but thats just me gj job bob bob
Back to top Go down
Bob bob(Dan)
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 22nd 2010, 4:08 pm

cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author

PostSubject: Re: wc's review thread   June 22nd 2010, 4:10 pm

like a fucking ninja o_o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content