Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterPublic FFRLog in

Rebound's List Of Suggestions!

Go down 
+6
_{TrickyDisco}_
xBBx Takedown
Ic0slay3r
Saphira
XxShortboyownzxX
Rebound
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebound
Simfile Author

Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Empty
PostSubject: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 2:22 pm

1. We will need a few really good GFX artists to give us a more professional layout for the front page and perhaps around the whole site. I also think that the front page should NOT be the forum but rather a custom made front page with a link to the forum and other links to different parts of the site so that it looks better.

2. We all need to donate at least something for the site to help the staff build stuff for the future and to help them speed up the process of getting vbulletin, a much faster server, a better engine and possibly new coders and other stuff we come up with.

3. I think that in the future, we should remove the "Public FFR" tab due to copyright issues so that way, no one will bitch about it in the future of this site. I am aware that another engine is being worked on slowly but if it takes too long, eventually some troll will start complaining and will probably demand it to be removed.

4. I also would like to add that they are a lot of tabs on the front page that could be reduced by a lot. One thing they could do is to not have an "Index" tab since the banner acts like the index tab anyways. When you guys get vbulletin, you should remove the "Search" tab, "Memberlist" tab, "Usergroups" tab and the "Profile" tab since vbulletin comes with those features. I'm sure you guys will remove all of the tabs and redo where the links to those will go to so i'm not worried about that much.

5. We members have a lot more power then the staff thinks we do. We affect if this site dies or stays alive so it would help if members continue to stay active to this site and to help me add on with these suggestions that i came up with so that way, it will give the staff an idea of how we wants things to be like for the future. Believe me when i say this but the staff WILL listen to us and they do love us so please don't be afraid to list your opinions in this thread.

So please post all of your future thoughts here for the sake of this site. Cool
Back to top Go down
XxShortboyownzxX

XxShortboyownzxX

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 2:58 pm

Hmmm, well i totally agree with the helping to contribute part. I also like the idea of making this thread for future references to open suggestions. My opinion is that this isnt the time to start suggesting how to change everything on the forum. We all still need to contribute and give the Admins time, it wont happen overnight. Once we all pull a little and this whole thing gets up and running; thats when we start asking for changes to what members want. Im not trying to dog you on this, I think its cool but not right for this moment. Everyone can put their suggestion or demands but its harder when there isnt Vbulletin or the capital to bulid it. I just want to put out there that most of the people here who are trying hard to change this site ARE having financial problems everyone should give their part. It wasnt hard when you wanted a FFR shirt or the skill token albums or subbies for life...how is this different.

Remember there is a link for donations guys every bit helps:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=kharvey2300%40yahoo%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=Keysmashingisawesome&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 4:22 pm

Once the site gets up and running I want to do something for all those who do contribute. Maybe make a special shirt or something I'm not sure yet. But that will all come in time.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonsfury.forumotion.net
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 4:49 pm

Rebound wrote:

5. We members have a lot more power then the staff thinks we do. We affect if this site dies or stays alive so it would help if members continue to stay active to this site and to help me add on with these suggestions that i came up with so that way, it will give the staff an idea of how we wants things to be like for the future. Believe me when i say this but the staff WILL listen to us and they do love us so please don't be afraid to list your opinions in this thread.

Btw when it comes to this I've always been one of the ones that says it's the community that makes or breaks the site. Partially why I left thirdstyle he doesn't really care much about what the community wants and basically has flat out said we're wrong. The reason we were trying to keep that we were building a site quiet is because if something goes wrong I didn't want the community to be disappointed. But yea we will listen to what the community wants but at the same time everyone has to remember things are going to take time. We aren't going to have some OMG spectacular engine with a million features to start with. If we do it that way it will take forever to just get something playable up. So it will start off semi basic it'll have speed mods and some other mods so on but other features will be added as we move forward with the site.
But yea guys don't be afraid to voice what you want to see but do remember it's not going to happen instantly. I mean we've tried to do as much as we can as fast as we can... you guys wanted more speed mods in the custom ffr AJ got them in... someone asked for the combo number to be smaller (I think it was you Byron iirc lol) AJ made it smaller we try to keep putting in fresh content as much as we can as well but at the same time we have to drop some focus from that engine to move forward with the whole site.
Anyways enough of my babbling we're doing all we can to get this off the ground as fast as possible.
Back to top Go down
XxShortboyownzxX

XxShortboyownzxX

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 5:54 pm

Quote :

Anyways enough of my babbling we're doing all we can to get this off the ground as fast as possible.
Youre all awesome <3 lol
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 7:03 pm

Axel is the 1st to send in a donation Thanks Axel <3
Back to top Go down
Ic0slay3r

Ic0slay3r

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 7:22 pm

woot !!! Every cent counts Smile
Back to top Go down
xBBx Takedown

xBBx Takedown

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 7:41 pm

I'm poor and have no job. Don't depend on me lol.
Back to top Go down
_{TrickyDisco}_

_{TrickyDisco}_

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:02 pm

xxR3volutiion wrote:
I'm poor and have no job. Don't depend on me lol.

Same here, but I memorized my moms credit card info Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/chargerfanCD94
FN2000x

FN2000x

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:07 pm

Id donate if I could, you know this, sadly I can not Sad
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:14 pm

It's ok guys don't feel bad if you can't. Even if you can't help by contributing money you can help in other ways. Like when the site is up spreading the word to other people, making suggestions that will make the site great, help us with artist permissions when we get to that point, stepping songs, the list goes on and on. Most of all though you have all helped fuel the drive just to do this project and keep pushing forward with it even if things don't go perfectly.
Back to top Go down
xBBx Takedown

xBBx Takedown

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:16 pm

All I know is I'll make sure this damn forum stays alive with blistering activity. I'll start spreading the word as fast as I can, Kayla.
Back to top Go down
Saphira

Saphira

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 8:19 pm

Well I'm not looking to flood this forum I would like it to go back to being our team forum once the site is up. Anyone is welcome here but don't worry about bringing people here. I technically have a forum on the ksia site but its the phpBB one which really sucks so I'm trying to get this vBulletin once I get that up and the database ready then we'll worry about bringing people Smile

Oh another thing I want to mention now when it comes to staff (mods/admins) I know a lot of you may want these positions but please don't harass us about them and please don't get upset if you aren't selected to be one. A lot of sites play favorites and will give ppl staff positions just because they know them or are friends with them. We will select people for positions based on people being best suited for the position. Like how often they are online, can they handle/diffuse situations properly, will they talk down to others so on. Basically it will be almost like a job application when we get to this point. So before anyone even brings it up right now just don't this will all come in time and you will all know when we are looking for them and everyone will have an opportunity to volunteer and tell us why they are right for that position.
Back to top Go down
Draco

Draco

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2010, 1:44 am

Saphira wrote:
Once the site gets up and running I want to do something for all those who do contribute. Maybe make a special shirt or something I'm not sure yet. But that will all come in time.

Z0MFG!!!! CAN I HAZ SHURT?!?!?! ^_^
Back to top Go down
wc
Simfile Author
wc

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2010, 4:51 am

Saphira wrote:
will they talk down to others so on.

ive never done that in my life
Back to top Go down
Nocturne (Shaun)

Nocturne (Shaun)

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 5:51 pm

I'll def donate.

As for shirt, that'd be awesome.

Nother suggestion, can GFX Artists get a usergroup?

just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebound's List Of Suggestions!   Rebound's List Of Suggestions! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebound's List Of Suggestions!
Page 1 of 1