D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkChrysalis

PostSubject: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   December 21st 2009, 1:25 am

Dark_Chrysalis' ITG Pad Files

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IN AN INSTANT (9) [Feb. 19th]

Start to finish took me a few hours. The song is very simple, which is one reason I got it done so fast. Admittedly, the song isn't much but I figured I need to make something a little easier, in the 8-9 range so I picked this one. You can't make a 10-11 out of this unless you deliberately fill the chart with hands and quads. Steps are very literal and easy enough for any expert player to pass. It could be an 8, not sure yet. Might fix it later with holds and such, I couldn't figure out which notes to put on holds sometimes.

CALL ON ME (Radio Edit) (10) [Feb. 9th]

A pretty standard 10. Has a lot of triplets, and I did some interesting things with rolls towards the middle of the file. Ending has longer runs, and the patterns get a bit more difficult too.

POR QUE NO (10) [Feb. 18th]

Found this song in a random torrent when I was looking for something a little more hardstyle to step, seeing as my previous songs were all on the lighter side. This one is a high 10, with a fair amount of stream patterns throughout. Watch your step on the vocal section, make sure to hit the only roll in this file (only 1? SHOCKING!) as 8th note jumps with the others, and you dont really have to watch out for the mines at the end... I just like the way it looks =D

FLYING HIGH (ITG Cut) (1/5/--/9/11) [Jan 29th]

I'm honestly not sure if this song has been stepped a lot or not, but I took a shot at it anyway. Only missing Standard chart for full difficulty range. The "real" file is Heavy's chart. Challenge (more of an Edit really) is just a harder version of Heavy, with more stream/triplet patterns, tons of jumps/jumpchains, and holds that will stretch your technicality to the max!

MINAMI IKEBUKURO HARDCORE CUSTOM (12) [Feb. 13th]

Famous Stepmania songs? In my In The Groove? It's more likely than you think... don't worry, I was nice (to a point). I mean it's only a 12, right?

You could probably consider this file a boss song of sorts, in that the BPM is high, the patterns are tough, and the BPM changes/ASSLOAD OF MINES are necessary, yet frustrating. Beginning is just 200BPM 8th note patterns with 3,5 and 9-note bursts throughout. Watch the mines in the next part, as well as the BPM drop just before it picks up into that 2nd 8th note section. Once that screaming guy starts to come through, I thought I'd try some more stuff with rolls, which represent his trilled voice (its still an 8th note pattern). Then comes the all-too-familiar slowdown/trill section, stepped as you would assume it is, but hoped it wouldn't be: 24 measures of 16th note trills. After that, it goes back into the 1st 2 parts of the song again, except the 8th note bursts continue throughout and the screaming guy is replaced with mines. Ending has some hands, but still managable. That last little trill is like the Robotix speed-up, except it only takes 3 seconds to get there and it ends a hell of a lot faster (and on holds... arent I nice?)

THE CLUB (13) [Oct. '09]

If the song wasn't 220BPM, I could probably pass this thing... the file is fast, has a lot of triplets/quintets to work around, and even some 9-note patterns here and there. The jumps in the middle sections can be tiresome as well. You'll be glad when the slowdown section comes, even though the step density only drops a little (and not for very long). This file really doesn't give you a break... you'll be moving, sweating, hitting arrows the whole time. You'll be too tired to enjoy the subtlety *snicker* of the steps (unless you're AJ).

THE DAEVA SUITE (13/13) [Jan. 4th]
NOTE: THIS FILE IS STILL BEING WORKED ON, I.E. SYNC/I WANT TO ADD MINES BUT NOT SURE WHERE YET

Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by DarkChrysalis on July 28th 2010, 3:58 am; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down
xBBx Takedown

PostSubject: Re: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   December 21st 2009, 10:02 pm

:O
Back to top Go down
DarkChrysalis

PostSubject: Re: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   January 3rd 2010, 6:40 am

Well, I have finally completed The Daeva Suite! Not only that, but I was able to take it to the arcade and play it and pass, thereby solidifying its current 13 rating... I'll get it uploaded sometime tomorrow when I have time to make some notes about the file.

The 14 minute song has 8 sections to it, and each section has 2-3 different things I did with it, so it needs to be detailed, and I do want to get it up before I start sending the file around.
Back to top Go down
DarkChrysalis

PostSubject: Re: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   January 5th 2010, 6:54 am

The Daeva Suite has been added!

I think I may need to fix the sync just a tiny bit (not sure, since my SM refuses to stay on sync) and I need to find out some places to put some mines in to help the file look cool/increase the difficulty a little... but these are the steps that will remain forever.

Now that this behemoth is finished, I can start stepping some other songs... and I've already started a little bit on 3 of them. The next few charts will have more than 1 difficulty stepped too (since Easy charts pretty much write themselves in like 15 minutes and Beginner charts take like 5). Sorry, not stepping 2 different charts for a 14 minute song... maybe when I have a larger repetoire built up I can go back and step an easier difficulty
Back to top Go down
Halogen-

PostSubject: Re: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   January 5th 2010, 4:03 pm

Are you going to make new graphics for the song? Smile

じしf_, )ノ

2010 People: Most Helpful Poster, Smartest Poster
2010 Threads: Best Signature
2010 "The Game": Most Talented, Best Stepfile (Made in Saitama), Worst Stepfile (Myriagon [Oni]), Best Stepartist

2010 Hall of Fame Winner

Back to top Go down
DarkChrysalis

PostSubject: Re: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   January 5th 2010, 7:42 pm

Problem with that is, I'm not sure what I'd make it out of... that and I'm not super fantastic at them. I like the album cover as the BG, and it will remain thus for now.

Also, have like 4 songs I'm stepping now, got through a little bit of each right now. One song I had already finished a chart for a while ago (The Club - Renard), I'm just filling out the difficulties for it.
Back to top Go down
DarkChrysalis

PostSubject: Re: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   February 19th 2010, 5:35 pm

HOLY SHIT AN UPDATE?!?

Yessir, 5 new simfiles. Sorry I kinda blipped from the scene, I didnt want to just put up 1 more file here and there, I kinda wanted to do a batch release of sorts, and have a good foundtion of files before I trickle new ones in. New simfiles can be found in OP.

Also, updated Daeva Suite with sync/pattern fixes (there are very few of them, but important all). TL;DR description in a txt file if you want to read, takes up too much space on the page now.
Back to top Go down
DarkChrysalis

PostSubject: Re: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   February 19th 2010, 10:31 pm

Aaaaand, got another one done today... 1st file that took me less than a day to finish WOOT

Song is In An Instant, by The Flashbulb. After gathering an assortment of Mr. Jordan's music, I realized more of his stuff leans towards this kind of music, and not just hardcore IDM and drum'n'bass. At least, several albums are much more on the transient side.
Back to top Go down
DarkChrysalis

PostSubject: Re: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   May 6th 2010, 4:01 am

Have many more to add here now, will update eventually.

Not sure how much activity this page will keep getting, but I still wanna get my stepping skills noticed lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)   

Back to top Go down

D_C's ITG Originals (7 total)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1